DIY kit with enclosure

DannyA

DannyA

Audioholic
I have two sets of Def Tech 4" mids and I was wondering if there is a site I could by a kit with pre-built enclosure. I was thinking of adding them as rear or presence speakers. I don't have wood working tools and I don't consider myself adept at woodworking. I'm not sure if it even makes sense. It seems like most people that DIY are building more substantial speakers and subs. Is it worth the time/cost to put these little guys together?

Thanks Guys!

Pioneer PDP-5020FD
Yamaha RX-V3800
Samsung BD-F5700 Blu-ray Player
Sony - PS3
Definitive Technology BP7006 Mains
Definitive Technology CS-8060 HD Center
Definitive Technology Pro Monitor 1000 Surround
Power Sound Audio XS 15 Subwoofer

Latest Movies:
Rush - Time Machine
The Hobbit
Pacific Rim

Latest Music:
Volbeat - Outlaw Gentlemen and Shady Ladies
Avenge Sevenfold - Hail to the King
Chevelle - Favorite Hits

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
You can't slap those drivers into any kit and call it a day. A crossover specific to the driver needs to be designed and built. You'll also need to pair them with a tweeter suited to the mids' high frequency roll off.

The next hurdle will be funding a cabinet with a cut out perfectly matched to the driver's dimensions.

That said, Parts Express is a good place to look for prefab cabinets, both finished and flat packs. They also have all the tweeters and crossover components you'll needed.

DannyA

DannyA

Audioholic
I kind of figured that was coming. I don't think its worth it. I am going to check out the site though and see what they have.

Thanks again!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis