D

Dick Hertz

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>DIY forum for loudspeakers, subwoofers, amplifiers, room treatments</font>

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
<font color='#000000'>A very good idea and excellent suggestion. &nbsp;I will submit your request to my web designer. &nbsp;Thank you!</font>

D

Dick Hertz

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>Actually, it's Richard but everyone called me lord helmet so it just stuck. I'll never forgive my dad, B.J. Hertz for giving me this name. Kind of like the old Johnny Cash song &quot;A Boy Named Sue&quot;.</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>I just got it. &nbsp;Hah! &nbsp;That's huge. &nbsp;Oh, and I second the suggestion for a DIY section.</font>

<font color='#000000'>Hehe...That's huge... ROFL... Just for that, now I have to set up a DIY forum... I'll get it up pretty soon.</font>

D

Dick Hertz

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>You'll get it up pretty soon? Don't tell me your personal problems. I'd just like to see a DIY forum!
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
G

<font color='#000000'>All this jock-ularity, and I'm not even a member. &nbsp;(Mutley snicker) &nbsp;There's nothing like DIY as a teaching tool, especially in a pursuit/pastime like audio which is rife with phallusy, uh, er, fallacy. &nbsp;Badda bing! &nbsp;Thank you, I'll be here till Thursday.</font>

D

Dick Hertz

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>Thunk, thunk... Is this thing on? Anyway, a priest, a rabbi, and a blonde cheerleader go into this bar... Oh wait! Wrong forum. About the DIY. I get especially warm and emotional doing DIY loudspeakers. Lots of good info and free designs out there to really get your creative juices going. Plus, I have less of a temptation to don my trenchcoat, black silk socks and shoes, and hang around street corners!</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>You said &quot;hang.&quot; &nbsp;Hhheh-heh, hhhheh-heh-heh.</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>You guys do realize that you're talking about doing it yourself, don't ya?

&quot;The servant waits, while the master bates.&quot; - Mel Brooks</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
G

<font color='#000000'><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>
lord helmet Hertz : DIY forum for loudspeakers, subwoofers, amplifiers, room treatments
Richard,

I'd like to see a DIY area too.

What kind of DIY do you do?

Chuck</font>

D

Dick Hertz

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>I dabble in loudspeaker design and fancy myself as a cabinet maker. At least I understand the design process, even if I don't get all the machinations of the electronics end of things. Still, I brewed up a pair of loudspeakers out of Vifa and Peerless components that keep my neighbors in a highly agitated state. Here's a link :
Custom cabinets </font>

G

<font color='#000000'>Hey how bout some more DIY cable articles?</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis