Displaying problems with DVE... !!!?

S

Syxix

Audiophyte
Hello!

I have a Grand Wega 50" LCD rear-projector TV and a Marantz DV-6200 DVD player...

I recently bought Digital Video Essentials and just can't get it to display properly. It's encoded in 1.78 and my TV is 16:9 so the image should fit perfectly without any black bars. BUT it's just not like that... Oh no, no it ain't. :eek:

Nope nope... The image is just cut on each side with the Fullscreen mode on the TV when the DVD is set to 16:9 -- the correct modes for my set. Indeed, the menu should look like the image at the bottom of my post but there's about 1cm (proportionally to the image) on each side that is mysteriously cut. With the DVD on 16:9 and TV on normal, the image is cut the same way, but squashed in the center (4:3...).

Strangely enough, if I set my DVD on 4:3 letterbox or 4:3 panscan and I put my TV on normal mode, the image isn't cut in movies, but the menu is still cut, which makes me wonder about the validity of the tests as well even then... And if I then put my TV on Fullscreen, the image is just horizontally overstreched in movies, even if they're not cut, which really doesn't help the situation. Argh!

I'm not a pro in all this hi-fi hometheater stuff, but I'm not totally incompetent either and I just can't figure that one out.

Welp, I'll be waiting for my savior to post a reply to this and help me out. :confused:

Thanks!

Syxix

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis