Dish Receiver Optical Out

R

rdean563

Audiophyte
I want to buy a new A/V receiver to use in a system that includes a Dish Network receiver. Had decided on Pioneer 1014 until I read that it won't work with the optical out from Dish. Called Pioneer, they agreed. Called Dish, they said "Yes, we know some manufacturers have this result, we're working on it". But, wouldn't tell me what brands didn't have the problem.

Can anyone help? What A/V receiver can I buy that will work with the Dish receiver optical output?

J

jzac

Audioholic
hmmm... try contacting either Yamaha or Denon... I'm sure one of their receivers will work. I'll be surprised if none of them works with the Dish. Worth the effort to check. My 2 cents...

S

s2pdname

Junior Audioholic
I don't know about some of the other models, but I have a Denon 3803 that works fine with optical connection on the Dish 942 receiver.

S

SeenThatMovie2

Audioholic Intern
yamaha htr-5760 and dish dvr --optical works fine with the yammy

S.R. Johnson

S.R. Johnson

Junior Audioholic
i also have the dish dvr receiver model # 522 and a yamaha rx-v440. and it works great with each other. I do hope that pioneer has the problem sort out with the VSX-1015.

MacManNM

MacManNM

Banned
I have a direct tv receiver, and the PCM digital works with my yammie, but the Bitstream dolby digital does not work. Bugs the heck out of me.

9f9c7z

Banned
I bumped in a similar but different issue with DirecTV. I called and talked to someone in their tech department that supports the hardware DirecTV sells. The guy told me more than I ever really wanted to know about the differences and functions of various manf’s receivers that decode the DirecTv sat signals.

Keep in mind the sat broadcasters have a vested interest in getting you to buy or rent one of their products. Fwiw, I noticed there isn’t much left out there now that is a hi-def receiver for DirecTV that a consumer to buy, unless you buy from DirecTV. Sony dropped out over a year ago, Samsung dropped out a couple months ago. Neither offer replacement products for the ones discontinued.

trevorgray

trevorgray

Audioholic Intern
I was told that if you want a DirecTV HD tuner, that they are the only ones producing those units. I am sure that there are still some on the shelves from other manufacturers, but I would worry about warranty and replacements.

9f9c7z

Banned
Not a problem in California. The manf is required to maintain replacement parts to fix any problem for at least 3-years after the product is sold, regardless of any product warranty or status, or they can get to buy the receiver back if it can’t be fixed.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis