R

RedCharles

Full Audioholic
So, I've been busy working, trying to make 1% money but the market turned, got a little remodel of my own going, dad died, family time. And I just haven't had time to be on the forums much.

So I've gotten to a place in my remodel where I want audio advice about setting up the room. So I made a few posts regarding venting, placement, insulation etc. And the response was slow and pretty thin. In one of the posts, I was told to go to another forum, because I would not get good traction here.

And I thought, has this forum died off? I've seen it happen in car forums. And it occured to me, I could test this. So I made a few political posts, and lo and behold, the responses poured in. Instantaneous.

Ha ha.

Politiholics is more like it.

I really did think, that at this stage of my project, I would get a lot of good AV advice here, but the response has been pretty thin, and I'm disappointed.

Well, thanks for help, and there has been, a lot of good help over the years, and I'll still enjoy Gene's youtube posts, but I can't help but be disappointed. I really thought that I would get a larger response concerning a home theater build, but the user base seems more interested in politics.

So Good Luck everybody. I will take BMXTRIX's advice and try to get help for my project elsewhere.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
So, I've been busy working, trying to make 1% money but the market turned, got a little remodel of my own going, dad died, family time. And I just haven't had time to be on the forums much.

So I've gotten to a place in my remodel where I want audio advice about setting up the room. So I made a few posts regarding venting, placement, insulation etc. And the response was slow and pretty thin. In one of the posts, I was told to go to another forum, because I would not get good traction here.

And I thought, has this forum died off? I've seen it happen in car forums. And it occured to me, I could test this. So I made a few political posts, and lo and behold, the responses poured in. Instantaneous.

Ha ha.

Politiholics is more like it.

I really did think, that at this stage of my project, I would get a lot of good AV advice here, but the response has been pretty thin, and I'm disappointed.

Well, thanks for help, and there has been, a lot of good help over the years, and I'll still enjoy Gene's youtube posts, but I can't help but be disappointed. I really thought that I would get a larger response concerning a home theater build, but the user base seems more interested in politics.

So Good Luck everybody. I will take BMXTRIX's advice and try to get help for my project elsewhere.
Sorry, I did not see your original post. It was on a day I was at the Mayo Clinic. I have been putting on a lot of miles between here and there this last month including today.

Your post actually has simple answers, and I have experience in this matter with venting power amp cases.

I use Fantech in line fans. They are excellent quality and have excellent variable speed controls like one, so you don't need to run them faster than you need. They are very quiet fans anyway. I would say Fantech are industry leaders in this area.

I would not vent to another room, that will heat it up. If you don't live in a cold climate, then you can vent it to the attic. If you live in a cold climate then you need to vent it to the outside, otherwise you will create an ice jam and a water leak.

I have mine come on with the relay that starts the three main speaker power amps. In your case the projector is switched with a remote, so I would use a current sensing switch in the projector feed to start the fan. Fantech make these also, but I linked a good one at reasonable price. That way your fan will come on when you start your projector. As far as a temperature alarm, I needed one to satisfy the building inspector for the heat shield I had made for out outside kitchen. I could not source one anywhere, so I designed and built my own. There are loads of smoke alarms, but they are no use over a barbecue!

Below you can see it in place on the right under the hood.

If you think you really need a temperature alarm, I guess I could make one for you.

I do try and answer members questions, if I think I have something to offer.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis