DirectTV audio in Bose 321 GS system

P

pank

Audiophyte
I want to have DirectTV audio in my Bose 321 GS system. I have following configuration:

1) DirectTV input in-built in wall jack(coaxial only, no reciever)
2) Sony VCR (Remote doesn't work)
3) Bose 321 GS Media player
4) TV (Mono not stereo)

I am able to get the DirectTV audio in Bose system through VCR but I don't have remote so that every time I change the channel through the VCR itself , and the sound is not good too.

1) Is there any other way to setup the systems to produce great sound?
2) Is there any digital cable availible in the market which has one end is coaxial and other end is digital or optical ?
3) Which is the best setup to listen surround sound of directTV?

Thanks,
-Pank

JohnA

JohnA

Audioholic Chief
pank said:
I want to have DirectTV audio in my Bose 321 GS system. I have following configuration:

1) DirectTV input in-built in wall jack(coaxial only, no reciever)
2) Sony VCR (Remote doesn't work)
3) Bose 321 GS Media player
4) TV (Mono not stereo)

I am able to get the DirectTV audio in Bose system through VCR but I don't have remote so that every time I change the channel through the VCR itself , and the sound is not good too.

1) Is there any other way to setup the systems to produce great sound?
2) Is there any digital cable availible in the market which has one end is coaxial and other end is digital or optical ?
3) Which is the best setup to listen surround sound of directTV?

Thanks,
-Pank

Some things need to be cleared up first: :confused:

1) You said that you don't have a Direct TV receiver :( ...without one you won't be able to get Direct TV Audio (I assume that you want the CD channels). And a VCR won't control SAT channels. :eek:

2) You said the cable (coax) was coming from the wall jack...do you have a dish??? I'm thinking that what you have is the cable line...not a SAT line...if that is the case then you have cable not Satellite. :(

3) For the remote issue...just but a low cost universal remote, like this:

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/psho...tnumber=182-200

Then you will be able to control the VCR :D

4) In your second question you can use this:

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/psho...tnumber=180-970

It will convert the analog audio from the VCR to a digital signal (either optical or digital coax) :D

We need some more info to help you out, especially regarding the Direct TV issue.

Hope I helped some.

:D

P

pank

Audiophyte
JohnA said:
Some things need to be cleared up first: :confused:

1) You said that you don't have a Direct TV receiver :( ...without one you won't be able to get Direct TV Audio (I assume that you want the CD channels). And a VCR won't control SAT channels. :eek:

2) You said the cable (coax) was coming from the wall jack...do you have a dish??? I'm thinking that what you have is the cable line...not a SAT line...if that is the case then you have cable not Satellite. :(

3) For the remote issue...just but a low cost universal remote, like this:

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/psho...tnumber=182-200

Then you will be able to control the VCR :D

4) In your second question you can use this:

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/psho...tnumber=180-970

It will convert the analog audio from the VCR to a digital signal (either optical or digital coax) :D

We need some more info to help you out, especially regarding the Direct TV issue.

Hope I helped some.

:D
Thanks for helping me.

(1 & 2) :I am told by my community association that all of the normal channel decoders to separate the satellite channels have been purchased by the association and are located in a secure area. The cable coming to my unit carries the satellite channels and will function just like regular cable does. However, I may want to purchase a satellite box to subscribe to additional channels or for Parental Control of channels received.So I am sure that I am recieving Direct TV channels through coax in my unit.

3) I am able to control the VCR universal remote(Zenith) but VCR channels can not controll by that remote.The links you have forwarded me ,are not working. Can you send them again?

-Pank

JohnA

JohnA

Audioholic Chief
That is strange!

pank said:
Thanks for helping me.

(1 & 2) :I am told by my community association that all of the normal channel decoders to separate the satellite channels have been purchased by the association and are located in a secure area. The cable coming to my unit carries the satellite channels and will function just like regular cable does. However, I may want to purchase a satellite box to subscribe to additional channels or for Parental Control of channels received.So I am sure that I am recieving Direct TV channels through coax in my unit.

3) I am able to control the VCR universal remote(Zenith) but VCR channels can not controll by that remote.The links you have forwarded me ,are not working. Can you send them again?

-Pank

I have never heard of being able to run a SAT feed like that...very interesting...cable yes but SAT....how do you get to the 3 code channels..like ch. 245 through the VCR?

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
I think that what is going on (sounds like) is that there are many channels that are being modulated onto COAX throughout the community. These channels may, or may not, be coming from DirecTV but may just be coming off a satellite dish. If it is DirecTV then they only may have 20 or so channels that are being modulated...

This means that the audio and video is modulated, analog audio of the lowest order and will look and sound poor. There is nothing you can do about this if this is what is in fact going on.

You will need you own DirecTV satellite dish, or a coax feed to the cable company and a local set top box with digital outputs from either cable or DirecTV depending on what you wish to use. I imagine they sold the property with the feature listed as a perk, but it really is like givning everyone a Yugo, then charging them for a nice Honda and saying "See how good you've got it!" No, if you are paying into it, you are getting hosed.

Of course, depending on your community, you may not be able to get cable directly, or digital cable, or DirecTV, or Dish Network due to some screwy regulations, so you have to live with what you have.

I may be wrong, but that's what it sounds like to me... Especially if the channels are not lined up according to DirecTV's channel lineup guide on their site.

P

pank

Audiophyte
JohnA said:
I have never heard of being able to run a SAT feed like that...very interesting...cable yes but SAT....how do you get to the 3 code channels..like ch. 245 through the VCR?
I am getting total 76 basic channels including HBO's six channels.Here is the link of website of community http://www.palmclubwest.com/sat1.htm.

The best thing is that cable is free for me but how to get the great surround sound with same set up. I don't want to buy any Direct TV reciever. I have one Dish 500 satelliet dish and reciever and I used to have American Top 60 channels through Dish Network before moving to this cummunity.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis