DirectTV audio in Bose 321 GS system

P

pank

Audiophyte
I want to have DirectTV audio in my Bose 321 GS system. I have following configuration:

1) DirectTV input in-built in wall jack(coaxial only, no reciever)
2) Sony VCR (Remote doesn't work)
3) Bose 321 GS Media player
4) TV (Mono not stereo)

I am able to get the DirectTV audio in Bose system through VCR but I don't have remote so that every time I change the channel through the VCR itself , and the sound is not good too.

1) Is there any other way to setup the systems to produce great sound?
2) Is there any digital cable availible in the market which has one end is coaxial and other end is digital or optical ?
3) Which is the best setup to listen surround sound of directTV?

Thanks,
-Pank

JohnA

JohnA

Audioholic Chief
Confused!

pank said:
I want to have DirectTV audio in my Bose 321 GS system. I have following configuration:

1) DirectTV input in-built in wall jack(coaxial only, no reciever)
2) Sony VCR (Remote doesn't work)
3) Bose 321 GS Media player
4) TV (Mono not stereo)

I am able to get the DirectTV audio in Bose system through VCR but I don't have remote so that every time I change the channel through the VCR itself , and the sound is not good too.

1) Is there any other way to setup the systems to produce great sound?
2) Is there any digital cable availible in the market which has one end is coaxial and other end is digital or optical ?
3) Which is the best setup to listen surround sound of directTV?

Thanks,
-Pank

Some things need to be cleared up first: :confused:

1) You said that you don't have a Direct TV receiver :( ...without one you won't be able to get Direct TV Audio :eek: (I assume that you want the CD channels). And a VCR won't control SAT channels. :eek:

2) You said the cable (coax) was coming from the wall jack...do you have a dish??? :confused: I'm thinking that what you have is the cable line...not a SAT line...if that is the case then you have cable not Satellite. :eek:

3) For the remote issue...just but a low cost universal remote, like this:

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=182-200

Then you will be able to control the VCR :D

4) In your second question you can use this:

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=180-970

It will convert the analog audio from the VCR to a digital signal (either optical or digital coax) :D

We need some more info to help you out, especially regarding the Direct TV issue.

Hope I helped some.

:)

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
First, if you are feeding your VCR modulated audio and video from a DirecTV receiver located elsewhere in your home, then that is a very bad thing.

You will want a DirecTV receiver at your audio location and you will want one with digital outputs on the DirecTV box. There are several available that have digital audio outputs.

You also need to follow up with the post above to let us know what your actual setup is since you don't get DirecTV without a DirecTV receiver somewhere. So where is the receiver and how is the signal sent to the VCR?

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Audioholic Field Marshall
1. Find a DirecTV receiver box and use it.

2. Connect the DirecTV receiver to the Bose 321 unit via an S-video cable and a digital RCA cable (both cables can be found at a Radioshack and many other department stores with an electronics section). Connect the Bose unit to your TV with an S-video cable.

3. Connect the audio RCA outputs of the VCR to the Bose 321 unit (The Bose can only act as a switchbox for 1 other video source. I, and most others, will tell you to switch the higher-quality satelitte picture before the VCR). Run a RCA video cable from the VCR to the composite video input of your TV.

Then:

To watch a DVD or satelitte TV, use the correct input switching buttons on your Bose remote. To watch a VCR tape, select the "VCR" input on your Bose unit and the composite input on your TV with the television's remote.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis