Dire Straits "Brothers In Arms" SACD

Johnny Canuck

Johnny Canuck

Banned
Has anyone heard Dire Straits "Brothers In Arms " on SACD? I think it's a fairly new release and I would think Dire Straits would do an exceptional job with this one. I remember this album being the very first mass produced CD and it was excellent then. Hard to believe CD's have been out 20 years!!!

JC

J

Jason Coleman

Banned
I bought it from Amazon.uk back in June and it is pretty impressive. Mark Knopfler had a big part in the multichannel remix, which is always a good sign, as he is a certifiable audio nutjob. It's fiercely clean and detailed, and the multichannel separation is very nicely done. It's not quite as "all over the place" as Beck's "Sea Change" or Pink Floyd's "DSOTM", but it is excellently done nonetheless. Definitely worth picking up.

Jason

B

BostonMark

Audioholic
I ordered an import of Dire Straits Brothers in Arms SACD and was most upset, because it just would not play! I have a Pioneer Elite 47A, and newer 45A, and this particular disc just wouldn't play in either one of them. I've played countless other SACDs, DVD-Audios (including those by Neil Young mastered at 176 khz/24 bit) and a few dual discs, and never had the problem before. (and yes, I have it set up with the 6 analog inputs with all the DVD settings appropriately set). If you do get it, I hope you don't have my problem, I just reordered it in DVD Audio format from Amazon in Canada.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis