Digital sound projectors HELP

S

SpiritMachine

Audioholic Intern
OK I did a search and couldn't find the answer to this question. I am looking to help my brother get a system set up with a digital sound projector. He doesn't want to run wires all over the place so this seems like the best option. Couple of questions. Do you need a reciever with these or do they have a built in amp? If you want to add a sub do you then need a reciever or can you plug it into the sound projector? Finally any recommendations for which ones to get?

T

timone

Junior Audioholic
Yamaha sells different models of these. I think their latest is YP4000 if I'm not mistaken. I have the YP1000 and I like it a lot paring it with my 42 inch plasma in my family room.

It has its own amp and a connection for a sub. It has YPAO capability and it comes with a microphone for calibration. Go to Yamaha website for more details and decription of this sound projectors.

Not only do they come with amplification - the higher end models handle HDMI and other video switching as well. Sub outputs, like timone said, have always been standard on all models.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis