Digital Music Inceases Stress!!

JoeE SP9

JoeE SP9

Senior Audioholic
I seem to remember an article in Stereophile years ago about digital recordings on vinyl causing not only physical problems to people but mechanical (cracked bearings?) problems on a VPI TT. Could this reference be the same paper the Stereophile article is based on? I really have to check my old Stereophiles to find out. By the way Stereophile's editors were very sceptical. I got the impression they were laughing behind the hand covering their mouths:cool:

A

av_phile

Senior Audioholic
I too was laughing while posting that link. :D

But it was written by a practitioner who seemed like a no-nonsense guy. Well, as they say, looks can be deceving.

surveyor

surveyor

Audioholic Chief
av_phile said:
I too was laughing while posting that link. :D

But it was written by a practitioner who seemed like a no-nonsense guy. Well, as they say, looks can be deceving.
I would dare to guess that the fine Doctor's study is financially influenced?
Wait, we all know that the finest minds are always ethical?

Cheers :confused:

Last edited:
Az B

Az B

Audioholic
Don't worry, the good doctor has a cure for the problem! Only $25 for a bottle of what looks to be mostly roots, flowers and leaves.

I could agree that this could use more research until I saw that this cure works not only on the effects of PCM stress, but also EMF radiation... two completely unrelated occurences! How handy is that?

P

Pat D

Audioholic
Az B said:
Don't worry, the good doctor has a cure for the problem! Only $25 for a bottle of what looks to be mostly roots, flowers and leaves.

I could agree that this could use more research until I saw that this cure works not only on the effects of PCM stress, but also EMF radiation... two completely unrelated occurences! How handy is that?
A couple of glasses of a good red or dark ale work better! Oh, sex is good, too. :D

M

miklorsmith

Full Audioholic
hmmmm

The problems he cites could be real. It would be hard for any of us to know since we all are subjected to the referenced influences every day for most of the day. I know that I feel a lot better when I go for a walk in the woods.

However, you'd sure expect that if these thoughts are valid, SOMEBODY else would have caught on and we would have heard of it by now. There is very little truly original thought. If this guy is right, I'd sure like a second opinion, and a third, and a fourth. Further, it's a wide chasm between identifying an issue and selling some potion to cure it. I ain't sending him any dough.

He enlists the opinions of recording engineers who he claims have understood the problems of digital music for 25 years. He infers these engineers share his views on Life Energy, where they probably were saying "yeah, it doesn't sound as good".

While the message doesn't pass the cynic's "believability" test, it is entirely possible that the author truly believes the problem to exist and has spent time and effort solve it, thus the product. He may truly believe that the problem is real, his product addresses the concern, and may be doing it for free. We live in a doubter's age, but not Everyone is trying to rip you off.

I can listen to my all-digital system for hours without fatigue although I've sure heard digital sound bad. It does have issues to overcome through system-building. I'm not confident that self-awareness and identity are among the problems of digital sound though.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis