G

gefmar

Audiophyte
Hi all,

Complete newby here so please be patient.

I am setting up a PVR (liteon lvw-5045) to my existing system and am going to make changes on the way to the existing connections ie rca to svideo and digital etc as they are all there, sort of.

The TV (Panasonic tx-68p100) has 1 svideo, Y,Ps,Pr and 3 rca in and 1rca out, the existing dvd (Sony str-de835) has both digitals, svideo, 5.1 out, rca and Y,Ca,Cr, and the reciever (Sony dvp-s525d) has 3 optics in, 1 out and 1 digital coax in, 5.1 in, several svideo in and out and rca's but no component?. At the moment the dvd is connected via optical and rca to the reciever and rca to the tv.

What would be the optimum setup for the above with the new pvr which has svideo and rca in and both digitals plus component and rca out.

Just to really make it interesting (for me) I would also like to connect the Austar decoder direct to the PVR (record direct) while leaving it connected with current configuration ie rca to av3 on tv, the decoder has optical out as well (my head hurts!!!!)

Hoping for help

Geoff

M

mwheelerk

Junior Audioholic
Connect The Dots

gefmar said:
Hi all,

Complete newby here so please be patient.

I am setting up a PVR (liteon lvw-5045) to my existing system and am going to make changes on the way to the existing connections ie rca to svideo and digital etc as they are all there, sort of.

The TV (Panasonic tx-68p100) has 1 svideo, Y,Ps,Pr and 3 rca in and 1rca out, the existing dvd (Sony str-de835) has both digitals, svideo, 5.1 out, rca and Y,Ca,Cr, and the reciever (Sony dvp-s525d) has 3 optics in, 1 out and 1 digital coax in, 5.1 in, several svideo in and out and rca's but no component?. At the moment the dvd is connected via optical and rca to the reciever and rca to the tv.

What would be the optimum setup for the above with the new pvr which has svideo and rca in and both digitals plus component and rca out.

Just to really make it interesting (for me) I would also like to connect the Austar decoder direct to the PVR (record direct) while leaving it connected with current configuration ie rca to av3 on tv, the decoder has optical out as well (my head hurts!!!!)

Hoping for help

Geoff
Connect your DVD component video out directly to your TV component video in. Because you do not have component video connections via your receiver you cannot route your video signals through your receiver. You could use the S-video connection of the receiver by connecting your dvd s-video out to the receiver s-video in and then from the receiver s-video monitor out to your tv s-video monitor in, but you will step down in image quality via the s-video hook-up.

For audio connect your dvd digital optical out to your receiver digital optical input. Your tv will need to be connected for audio to your reciever via traditional rca interconnects.

Are you using cable or satellite tv? If you are many have digital outputs for audio and you could then hook up to your receiver digital input for audio. There would be no need for the rca audio interconnects then since the audio for tv would be coming from the cable or satellite system box.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis