Digital Cable Signal Amplifier

C

CyrusTalon

Audioholic Intern
Well, I finall have everything set up and working, but apparently my digital cable signal is not that great. I have a dedicated RG6 (100') running directly from my box on the outside of the house straight to my TV. I have looked on ebay, and there are several types of Digital Cable Signal Amplifiers out there. Do these really work? and what type is suggested?

Thanks

J

JAD2

I listen with my mouth open...
None.
Cable TV will for free get the signal up to where its suppose to be!!!

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
Your cable company will most likely supply an amplifier for free.
Time Warner did for me anyway.
Most likely they will need to send in one of their own techs. But it still beats buying one.

J

JAD2

I listen with my mouth open...
NomoSony said:
Your cable company will most likely supply an amplifier for free.
Time Warner did for me anyway.
Most likely they will need to send in one of their own techs. But it still beats buying one.

Its the cable companies job to make sure the signal to the main TV has the right signal strength and also any other inside THEY put in. Whether it requires different signal splitters, amplifiers and the likes, its up to them to make sure its right.
The tech will come out, log onto you cable box to see the down and up signal strength and make the proper adjustments, its free!!!

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Ditto on that... I actually had a time where my cable was fine but my cable internet would kick in and out. They came out and found out that the issue was actually to MUCH signal on the line, instead of not enough. They made some adjustments and for the next couple of years everything was fine.

Free.

N

Nick250

Audioholic Samurai
BMXTRIX said:
Ditto on that... I actually had a time where my cable was fine but my cable internet would kick in and out. They came out and found out that the issue was actually to MUCH signal on the line, instead of not enough. They made some adjustments and for the next couple of years everything was fine.
Free.
Yup, I had the same thing. After tech was here twice futzzing around, he tried some a different brand of cable modem witch did the trick.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
BMXTRIX said:
and for the next couple of years everything was fine.

Free.
And, after those couple of years what went wrong? LOL:D

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Nick250 said:
Yup, I had the same thing. After tech was here twice futzzing around, he tried some a different brand of cable modem witch did the trick.

Yep, some of those guys are remarkable. I had interference on one of the channels in the 50s band, at a regular time period of about 30 sec.
It turned out to be a remote outside thermometer operating at 300some mega-Hertz interfering 30 ft+ from the TVs. That remote temp is history:D
He charged me nothing although he could have.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
mtrycrafts said:
And, after those couple of years what went wrong? LOL:D
:D - Moved to a new house... strangely enough I had to sign up for new service. - :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis