Differences with Velodyne SPL and SPL Series II

Johnny Canuck

Johnny Canuck

Banned
Is there many differences between the two lines? I see SPL 1000 on ebay now and then. I have heard a new Series II, the 8" and it blew me away.

I found sound quality to be very similar, though the new units have a completely reworked amplifier and a more subdued look to them.

Johnny Canuck

Johnny Canuck

Banned
Thanks Clint...now I am debating on a used SPL 1000 on ebay. $600 Canadian.....Hsu VTF 2, PSB 6i, SVS PB 10....all great, hard to decide.

P

Peter Marchyn

Audiophyte
Stereo amplifier and subwoofer Velodyne SPL 800 II

Clint DeBoer said:
I found sound quality to be very similar, though the new units have a completely reworked amplifier and a more subdued look to them.
I have a question. How can I connect stereo amplifier /NAD 320/ with pre out to subwoofer Velodyne SPL 800 II? Can I connect pre out from amplifier to cinch in on the subwoofer and then out cinch from subwoofer to in cinch on the amplifier? High crossover is 80 Hz so variable low crossover turn to 80 Hz?
Have I use a quality interconnect cables, the same like between DVD player and amplifier /there is XLO Ultra1/? My front loudspeakers are B&W 602.5. Will I have a quality sound?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis