differences in the HK avr "0"'s and "5"'s?

K

korgoth

Full Audioholic
what the the differences in the 335 and 330, or the 635, and the 630?

i dont really see any from the first glance. are there any?

i was lookin to buy one for my cousin.

K

kaseaman

Junior Audioholic
The 330's and 660's are the older models. The main difference between the two is he EZ setup calibration. The newer 5's actually calibrate X overs in addition to just the sound levels which the 0's just did. If you look hard enough, you can find the 630 around for about $600. My advice would be to go for the newer models, just becaue of the new calibration system. For the record though, I do have a 330 and I love it, the absence of the X over auto calibration never really bothered me.

K

korgoth

Full Audioholic
oh.. yeah that shouldnt matter, i changed all my crossovers after the calibration anyway.

thanks. 630 on ebay for 450 right now,

K

kaseaman

Junior Audioholic
Thats what i paid for my 330, I would definitly act on that

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
jetyi83 said:
oh.. yeah that shouldnt matter, i changed all my crossovers after the calibration anyway.

thanks. 630 on ebay for 450 right now,
Wow, that's a steal for that unit. Any newbies with a budget of $500 or under should jump on that.

DustyDog1107

Audiophyte
Very interesting

I have been trying to find out any information on the HK AVR 330, I got one for an incredible price recently, and am amazed that the 335, as well as the 635 are way less watts, but almost tripple what I paid for the 330. What was the 330's cost new?? Also, what does anybody know about the AVR7000. I have one of those also, the thing is a pig, but I've been told, it was of the most powerful amps ever made by HK. True or Flase?? Thanks in advance for any feedback. Lastly, does anybody know the formula or equasion for finding the sweet spot in any given room?? I have seen it before, but cannot get my hands on it now. Thanks again... DustyDog

K

korgoth

Full Audioholic
330 doesnt have any more watts... its the exact same as the 335, and less than the 630 and 635..

the 330, and 335 are rated at 55x7 and the 630 and 635 are at 75x7 i believe,,

but thats a pretty modest rating.

i think the msrp was around 700-800.. thats what the avr335 was. but i found it for 500 including tax and shipping last christmas

K

korgoth

Full Audioholic
Buckeyefan 1 said:
Wow, that's a steal for that unit. Any newbies with a budget of $500 or under should jump on that.
yeah, it was 450 with 20 minutes to go, and went for 500..

my cousin got beat by a 5 dollar increment, with about 5 seconds left.

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
DustyDog1107 said:
I have been trying to find out any information on the HK AVR 330, I got one for an incredible price recently, and am amazed that the 335, as well as the 635 are way less watts, but almost tripple what I paid for the 330. What was the 330's cost new?? Also, what does anybody know about the AVR7000. I have one of those also, the thing is a pig, but I've been told, it was of the most powerful amps ever made by HK. True or Flase?? Thanks in advance for any feedback. Lastly, does anybody know the formula or equasion for finding the sweet spot in any given room?? I have seen it before, but cannot get my hands on it now. Thanks again... DustyDog

Harman Kardon put out some Citation amplifiers in the 60's and 70's that were as big as amps got. You may see some on ebay now and then. They were much much larger than what's installed in the AVR7000.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=71546&item=5781517225&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Duffinator

Duffinator

Audioholic Field Marshall
DustyDog1107 said:
Search here for your receiver manuals under "All Products".
http://www.harmankardon.com/harmon_kardon_receivers.htm

K

kaseaman

Junior Audioholic
The best deals that I have seen on the web for Harman Kardon was at onecall.com, they have this see the lowest price stuff that are actually really good deals. I would suggest not buying them at circuitcity, quite possibly the worst rip off store ever.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis