Did fire TV Stick 4K really support Atmos when connected to Denon Receivers ?

K

Krishas

Audioholic Intern
Hi, I tried many ways to check if fire tv 4k stick can work with Atmos content, But the result was disappointing, even though they advertise that it works with atmos I couldn't test it successfully.
Talked with the customer care but as expected they know just the basic trouble shooting and finally replaced with a new one which also didn't worked.
So I just wanted to know if any one here successfully played Atmos content in fire tv 4k stick or its a known issue. I tried Jack Ryan 4k uhd which is supposed to be played in Atmos but no. Tried installing kodi in fire Tv 4k and tried with my Atmos content but didn't helped. Tried with all settings in fire tv.

Here is the second part of my question,
1. I'm planning to buy Apple TV 4K does it support 4k atmos when connected to Denon avr.
2. Is there an Application which does the job of Kodi, Because more than external streaming content I want my network storage should also be accessed (in any way smb, sftp upnp etc) and played with 4k atmos.

I'm using Denon x2400h, with fire tv 4k stick connected to the media player hdmi port and using 4k supported hdmi cable to connect to my projector.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I don’t think Firestick 4K supports Netflix Atmos over DD+ yet. It does support Prime Atmos over DD+

Apple TV 4K supports both over DD+.

I have Yamaha 2060 and I confirmed by temporarily hooking up the ceiling speakers in 5.1.4. (Will install them soon). :)

K

Krishas

Audioholic Intern
I don’t think Firestick 4K supports Netflix Atmos over DD+ yet. It does support Prime Atmos over DD+

Apple TV 4K supports both over DD+.

I have Yamaha 2060 and I confirmed by temporarily hooking up the ceiling speakers in 5.1.4. (Will install them soon). :)
Thank you for the response :) . But in my case I didn't get Atmos in any streaming app neither netflix nor Prime in fire tv 4k.
Anyway thanks again for confirming that Apple tv 4k will support atmos.
I should wait for someone who can confirm the same for denon receiver. Because fire tv stick works in some yamaha avr but not in my denon.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Thank you for the response :) . But in my case I didn't get Atmos in any streaming app neither netflix nor Prime in fire tv 4k.
I should wait for someone who can confirm the same for denon receiver. Because fire tv stick works in some yamaha avr but not in my denon.
Dumb question, do you have height speakers hooked up and configured? If not, then that may be why no Atmos signal. That's what happens on my 1300w since I'm only using 5 channels. Same content in my theater shows Atmos since it is a 7.1.4 setup.

Also, the fire stick is pretty limited when it comes to audio. Pretty much just DD+ with Atmos and nothing else from what I remember when I briefly had one.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Some of the Xbox models support Atmos too.

K

Krishas

Audioholic Intern
Dumb question, do you have height speakers hooked up and configured? If not, then that may be why no Atmos signal. That's what happens on my 1300w since I'm only using 5 channels. Same content in my theater shows Atmos since it is a 7.1.4 setup.

Also, the fire stick is pretty limited when it comes to audio. Pretty much just DD+ with Atmos and nothing else from what I remember when I briefly had one.
:rolleyes: I have all Atmos set up and used to watch atmos contents with my HTPC.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
:rolleyes: I have all Atmos set up and used to watch atmos contents with my HTPC.
Wanted to make sure since I didn't want to assume anything about your setup. Have had questions before from users that expect to see Atmos on their AVR no matter what speaker config they have.

People are apparently having issues similar to yours. The second comment states that even with Prime Video, it isn't playing Atmos properly.

https://www.amazon.com/ask/questions/Tx12OF83JTVFI6K/ref=ask_ql_ql_al_hza

I have a Shield TV in my theater and haven't ever gotten Atmos to work in the Prime Video app. Works without issue in everything else.

Another link with people having the same issue.

https://www.amazonforum.com/s/question/0D54P00006zSyqZSAS/dolby-atmos-not-working-on-4k-fire-stick

D

drmoneycandone

Audiophyte
I also had same problem .. first tried with 4k fire tv and then the latest 3rd gen fir tv which boasts of Dolby Atmos ... I got a ambiguous reply that Atmos may be not supported if it is plugged in reciever and only in tv directly.. which is absurd .. considering Nvidea and blueray plays Atmos content through denon with ease... Guess amazon is either fooling around or not able to find a solution to this ...either way we are at loss....if some one finds any way out let me know...
3rd gen. Fire tv
Denon 1600h
Epson tw5600 projector
Atmos deprived customers!!!!!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis