Devil May Cry 5 Not Part Of Capcom’s Bigger Picture

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
Devil May Cry 5 Not Part Of Capcom’s Bigger Picture
06/02/2010 Written by Christopher Gordon-Douglas

The Devil May Cry series has best been known for its over the top hack-and-slash action created by Hideki Kamiya who also made the recent beauty title Bayonetta. Since release in 2001, the series has gained critical recognition as well as a fanbase and for a while was seen as the benchmark for its respective genre. Since its last outing on next-gen platforms with Devil May Cry 4 fans have been craving for the next game in the series, but will Capcom answer the call?

According to a rumour from PSM3, anyone expecting a return from Dante in the next two years may find themselves disappointed. The magazine states that Devil May Cry 5, which is supposedly being developed by Heavenly Sword and Enslaved developer Ninja Theory, is not in Capcom’s two-year schedule.

“Heavenly Sword dev, Ninja Theory, is working on Devil May Cry 5 for current-gen consoles.”
“We hear it isn’t currently on Capcom’s two year schedule, but don’t rule out a surprise announcement at E3”

Take this rumor with a pinch of salt and with E3 just around the corner don’t cross off the possibility of a surprise announcement.
[Source]

Via: PlayStation LifeStyle

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
If the build on what was done in Bayonetta, and Hideki is involved, it will be a great game. Bayonetta was published by Sega not Capcom like all the previous DMCs.

malvado78

malvado78

Full Audioholic
If the build on what was done in Bayonetta, and Hideki is involved, it will be a great game. Bayonetta was published by Sega not Capcom like all the previous DMCs.
Hideki Kamiya left the series after DMC1. This is one reason why the anticipation for Bayonetta was so high. Because it was the DMC founder coming back to make a new DMC like game. You are right Bayonetta was published by Sega not Capcom.

Hideki Kamiya won't have anything ot do with DMC5 when/if it ever comes out unfortunately.

Now maybe it can borrow from Bayonetta in teh way that Bayonetta is the next evolution in the genre. We will see.

DMC4 was my first DMC but I absolutely loved it. Most who have played all of them consider it one of the worst though. :cool:

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I played all of them and I liked it. 1 and 3 were the best though.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
2 doesn't even count :) 1, 3, and 4 are great. The only qualm I had with 4 was having to play through the same damn stages just with a different character.

Patrukas777

Patrukas777

Senior Audioholic
I recently started playing 4...so far not too bad.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis