Desperately Seeking.............SUBS!!!!

D

dajovin

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Okay, all my pieces are in and waiting to be placed together like a happy family.
Axiom Speakers: VP150 / M22's / QS8's
Yamaha A/V Receiver RX-V2400
Monster HTS 3600
Mitsubishi 36&quot; TV (not hdtv)
DirecTV Satellite
Various DVD , VCR, cassette players
Last piece, the Subwoofer!!
I had it narrowed down to 2:
SVS - 25-31PCi...........$570.73 incl shipping
HSU - VTF-2................$499.00 &quot;

Now I find 2 more I may be interested in but need some feedback.

1) 10&quot; TITANIC VANCE SUBWOOFER KIT , from Parts Express....$349.80
2) Stryke Mini Thunder.......$549.00

Any thoughts or ideas. anyone familiar with the latter 2.
My room is NOT large, it is approx 12 x 15
I would like to get everything up and running, but I do not want to set up without a sub in place.
All feedback, opinions are welcome.
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
Khellandros66

Khellandros66

Banned
<font color='#000000'>I would have to say the HSU cause of the ability to further tune the port yourself for your room.

If I had the money that would be the first sub on my mind and top of my list.

Bob</font>

D

dajovin

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>I finally got thru to John at Stryke Custom Audio Solutions). I was looking for info on their Mini - Thunder subwoofer. According to him the Mini-Thunder is 16x16x17&quot; high with the legs. It has a 12&quot; Woofer, 2 12&quot; passive resistors (one on each side) and a 350 watt amp. THE FOLLOWING IS PASTED FROM HIS RESPONSE TO ME &quot;As far as comparisons between the SVS and HSU go, the MiniThunder has one big advantage in the PR's. The smaller SVS subs are tuned to 25hz. You really don't get much output below the tuning frequency at all. The Pr's allow you to tune much lower because they fit right on the sides. Longer ports are nearly impossible to fit in the smaller enclosures, and they also have problems with vent noise and compression which will limit output. The PR's do not have vent noise, and do not compress at all&quot;. He claims based on performance specs that his sub will go lower than the HSU VTF-2. He is familiar with Ron from SVS and can compare his to the PB1-ISD. The price for Stryke sub is 549.00 + shipping and is available in many diff finishes at no extra cost. These are built to order and would take approx 2 weeks to receive. Any thoughts? Any other questions I can pose to him to get the record straight on the products? Warranties are 1yr amp, 2yr driver. Whatta ya think. Suggestions.
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis