Desktop Speaker Upgrade

X

xCore

Audiophyte
Hello, I'm planning to upgrade my speakers I currently have 2.1 logitech speakers which is now crap because the left speaker just died. I'm looking for 2.0 speakers with a budget of £70-100 tops I mainly listen to music and watch films.

I found this edifier R1600T Plus 2.0 for £50 as its currently on sale right now, has anyone heard or own(ed) this particular speakers, if so please share your thoughts. I also considered Boss Companion MK2/3 but I want to see more options there are.

thank you.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
X

xCore

Audiophyte
Edifier R1600T Plus 2.0 - I heard about the brand and specs look honest enough. With only rca inputs and amp only in one speakers I wont call them studio monitors, more like budget multimedia speakers. I near heard that model but they good reviews on amazon - http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B0038JULWW/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt/279-8648981-0814539?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

I would stay away from anything Bose (not boss) - overpriced crap
also checkout Diamond Studio 8.2 ProActive
Bose*

How much are those Diamond Studio 8.2 ProActive? Do know any budget active speakers at around my price point? Just looking for clear and quality sound speakers I won't be making music or mixing but just for general use.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I seen them for $300 on this side of the ocean, but since it's UK company they might be cheaper on the motherland :)

X

xCore

Audiophyte
Ohh that's over my budget :'( is there any other recommendation?

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Ohh that's over my budget :'( is there any other recommendation?
Well that's $300, which translated to Euros is ~226, but without taxes and import fees could be less. Just do a search for the speakers.

tmurnin

tmurnin

Full Audioholic
Not sure about UK pricing or availability but the Audioengines A2 desktop speakers are a fantastic value-for-money.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis