M

mattchowell

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>I found an old tower pair at a garage sale several years ago-and they've served well as rear surrounds-I can't find a DA website. Does anyone have any info on this co.?</font>

S

Silverdog

Audiophyte
Design Acoustics Speakers - The BEST!

OK, got registered. I bought their D12 speakers in early 70s at their factory in Southern Calif. I recall it was off the 405 freeway, I believe in Compton. Guess they've folded up their tents & long gone now.
I've been living in Costa Rica past 15 yrs but I still have my D12s. Love them but they're 50w speakers in a 7w world. Need to get an amp or something to adapt them. If you have any ideas please contact me.

D

d12milt

Audiophyte
d 12's

hey dude.i have a pair of d 12's and d6 speakers.always dreamed of having some again and with the internet,this became possible.they are both in my basement home theatre system and i often switch back and forth between them.tweetersd have all been replaced and i found the perfect replacement woofers for them from mcm and parts express.i think theyre the finest speakers ever made. milt miller detroit

JoeE SP9

JoeE SP9

Senior Audioholic
Silverdog said:
OK, got registered. I bought their D12 speakers in early 70s at their factory in Southern Calif. I recall it was off the 405 freeway, I believe in Compton. Guess they've folded up their tents & long gone now.
I've been living in Costa Rica past 15 yrs but I still have my D12s. Love them but they're 50w speakers in a 7w world. Need to get an amp or something to adapt them. If you have any ideas please contact me.
The only thing wattage ratings for speakers mean, is that is the maximum recommended wattage. Speaker wattage ratings are essentially worthless. Take notice that better speakers don't get into a wattage rating.

Most of the time you blow speakers because of insufficient power. :D

L

lcos55

Audiophyte
My first, and only, major rockers, in 1973, Macomb, IL, hippy college town for Western Illinois University. Oh, the memories. QUAD.Carly.Foghat,Lids. And still the best system I ever owned--Sansui, Dual, My D6s......sublime. Kept them for six years and would do it all again. Piles of clean lower, tweeters to town, bass for days. Gordon Lightfoot, Spirit, Allman Bros, oh ****..BACHMAN TURNER!!!!!!!!

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
<font color='#000000'>I found an old tower pair at a garage sale several years ago-and they've served well as rear surrounds-I can't find a DA website. Does anyone have any info on this co.?</font>
They are out of business and have been for a while. They were
part of the Signet company. I Think they were owned by Audio
Technica and then by Audio Potentials. They were some decent
sounding speakers for the price.

Last edited:
G

GregM

Audiophyte
D-8 Speakers are still kicking

My first, and only, major rockers, in 1973, Macomb, IL, hippy college town for Western Illinois University. Oh, the memories. QUAD.Carly.Foghat,Lids. And still the best system I ever owned--Sansui, Dual, My D6s......sublime. Kept them for six years and would do it all again. Piles of clean lower, tweeters to town, bass for days. Gordon Lightfoot, Spirit, Allman Bros, oh ****..BACHMAN TURNER!!!!!!!!
I used to sell these speakers at the now defunct Cal Stereo back in late 70's. They are still running and sound as good as ever. I'm with you on the memories, Sansui, Dual, Akai, Technics and of course the D-8 towers. Zeppelin, Hendrix, The Who, The Band and Santana...never sounded so good as they did with these oversize speakers. But alas, the wife says they are too big for the living room...I need a man cave.

M

mwinaz

Audiophyte
have a pair of D6's for sale in phoenix

After 30+ years I finally, reluctantly moved them out and started with a fresh theater setup. Wife never liked the size but I held on to them like a great old shirt that feels perfect. Anyway - they are sitting in the garage waiting for a home if anyone wants to make a good/reasonable offer.

B

bikdav

Senior Audioholic
They are out of business and have been for a while. They were
part of the Signet company. I Think they were owned by Audio
Technica and then by Audio Potentials. They were some decent
sounding speakers for the price.

Yep. You're right. They were an Audio Technica company.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis