Denon x6700h thoughts

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
First and foremost I paid a few dollars under $2000 for mine with free 3 day shipping. I was able to get the SR6015 EQ-X license I paid for refunded and used it for the 6700h. Overall my advice to novices who are debating saving a few dollars and buying from a brand like Emotiva or splurging and buying from an established brand like Denon is, spend the money. At the end of the day you’ll have an exponentially more stable and better performing product with superior technical support and firmware updates.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
First and foremost I paid a few dollars under $2000 for mine with free 3 day shipping. I was able to get the SR6015 EQ-X license I paid for refunded and used it for the 6700h. Overall my advice to novices who are debating saving a few dollars and buying from a brand like Emotiva or splurging and buying from an established brand like Denon is, spend the money. At the end of the day you’ll have an exponentially more stable and better performing product with superior technical support and firmware updates.
And that's why I decided to go with the X3700H for one of my rooms :)

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Congrats! Happy to know you got the license refunded/effectively transferred, and thank you for sharing that information. It is only fair for them to do that because you must have only gotten the 6015 not long ago.

Now that you mentioned firmware updates, I was surprised to see an update notice popped up on my screen for my AVR-X4400H. That thing was launched in 2017, so 5 years later Denon still release an update for it, can't really complain..

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Congrats! Happy to know you got the license refunded/effectively transferred, and thank you for sharing that information. It is only fair for them to do that because you must have only gotten the 6015 not long ago.

Now that you mentioned firmware updates, I was surprised to see an update notice popped up on my screen for my AVR-X4400H. That thing was launched in 2017, so 5 years later Denon still release an update for it, can't really complain..
I'm still a little miffed now and then that my AVR-X4200W did not get the Audyssey app update. :( On the other hand it is still in daily use driving 4 Ohm speakers in my 5.2 setup. :)

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
Glad to see you got the License moved over.

@PENG thanks for the heads up on the update notice. I'll go check my AVR-X4400H. I was delivered in early July 2018 and still going strong.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I went back to Marantz but the inconsistent quality for the processors was the reason I didn't buy another Emotiva unit. Like you, I've had no issues with their amps or speakers.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I went back to Marantz but the inconsistent quality for the processors was the reason I didn't buy another Emotiva unit. Like you, I've had no issues with their amps or speakers.
Analog (amps and speakers) are easy.

Digital (processors) are difficult.

You guys have learned your lesson. :D

Benni777

Benni777

Audioholic
Question you may or may not know: What all is included in that EQ-X license and is this license needed for all Denon/Marantz AVRs?
Is there a free version or do you need to pay in order to have room correction? Whats the cost of the license if you don't mind me asking?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi

My first pre/pro from them has no issues to this day, the son in law is still using it. It is over 10 yrs old. So they had the ability to do it right at some point.

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
Question you may or may not know: What all is included in that EQ-X license and is this license needed for all Denon/Marantz AVRs?
Is there a free version or do you need to pay in order to have room correction? Whats the cost of the license if you don't mind me asking?
The EQ-X license is $199.99 and is only usable on the models listed on the apps page in the Windows store. Alternatively you can use whatever version of Audyssey comes with your AVR free of charge or pay $19.99 and get the MultiEQ Pro editor app which adds exponentially more functionality and performance fine tuning over the factory Audyssey. What’s included in EQ-X is in my opinion far better performance than both and app and built in correction offer. There is plenty of information out there in terms of what it offers compared to vanilla Audyssey. I would imagine the free version would essentially just be using the specific version of Audyssey your AVR comes from the factory with but with that you can’t even disable midrange correction or limit the correction frequency. You can however do both of those things with the $19.99 editor app. EQ-X has more useful features for more advanced users like the ability to add your own PEQ filters, change the crossover slope, etc

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic

Checklist for upgrading AVR.

1) Get money
2) Convince wife/girlfriend it’s a good use of said money
3) Breathe a sigh of relief now that, that argument is over
4) Consult Audioholics
5) Purchase AVR.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

What did the update address?

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan

I just received one for my X3700H as well

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm still a little miffed now and then that my AVR-X4200W did not get the Audyssey app update. :( On the other hand it is still in daily use driving 4 Ohm speakers in my 5.2 setup. :)
Yeah, unfortunately it missed it by one model year. It was probably a worse feeling for those who spent much more on the Marantz AV8802A and still cannot benefit from the amazing $20 App and do use Audyssey.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Sorry I didn't pay much attention to it as I wasn't even interested in updating such an old model. The pop up notice did say what it was for, something to do with some fixes and improvements blablabla, so I went ahead. @jim

Denon x6700h thoughts | Audioholics Home Theater Forums
Looked it up:
■ 2022/04/13

[Version: 5461-5220-8391-7140]

(1) The function that restricted the update depending on the usage environment has been abolished.
(2) Fixed a bug that WI-FI connection cannot be made to some SSID names such as including special symbols.
(3) Fixed a bug that Pop noise occurs during AirPlay playback.
(4) Fixed a bug that some devices are not synchronized and are played back with a delay during Group playback.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis