Denon universal DVD players/refurbs

M

marcster

Audioholic Intern
I probably should upgrade the DVD player in my house's main level. I have a Denon 2200 budget (maybe) but am intrigued by the 2900.

I would like to move up to a unit that plays SACDs with great video ... oh yeah, have to upgrade the TV too ... 15 years old and it won't die :)

I have seen links on Denon's site to authorized dealers who list Denon-factory refurbed 2900s for prices comparable to the 2200.

Opinions on buying a refurb?

For that matter, are there comparable Universal DVD players from other brands? I also have studied the Sony 999es, but the 2900 seemed to beat it out in a side by side, and even the 2200 had some better features. But I haven't heard much about other brands' universals.

Another point ... are there models in the pipeline comparable to the 2200 or 2900 for a better price. I can wait awhile since, as I said, the TV is not a high-def and it just keeps chugging along...

U

Unregistered

Denon 2900

I am probably going to upgrade to the 3910. If interested in a slightly used 2900, let me know. Its silver, had it since April, and have no complaints whatsoever. I'm upgrading because of the Denon Link and The 720 progressive scaling with the DVI. I bought it for $1000. How about an offer (obviosly less than the newer ones on the internet). Let me know what you think.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis