Denon PMA-A100 Integrated Amplifier Video Review

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
It's not often we get the chance to review an integrated amplifier from Denon. This is a high-end product from a company who we've determined in the past REALLY knows how to make good amps. So when they announced the PMA-A100 would be part of their 100th anniversary product line-up, we asked for it. And we had high expectations. Turns out Denon met our expectations and even blew by them in some areas. The A100 is a stereo amp that weighs nearly 57 pounds and even has cast iron feet. There are also hardly any lights on the front of the unit, making it a truly audiophile product - with nothing wasted on unnecessary displays or LED status lights.

Discuss "Denon PMA-A100 Integrated Amplifier Video Review" here. Read the article.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
beautiful video, detailed measurements, and in the forum....the sound of crickets can be heard :confused:

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
I never actually clicked on a video review, since I thought it would just be a video and not have an attached article. Turns out I was wrong. I still have no desire to watch a video review, but the amplifier's construction and measurements are indeed great. The amplifier is of course too expensive for me though :)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Ah, yes, I remember the good old analog days when I had 3 Denon PMA-2000R .:D

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
...I assumed they derated the power as a marketing strategy so that reviewers like myself would praise them from being ultra conservative. Let me just pause for a moment and throw some love and praise at Denon.....OK now that that's over...
This made me LOL :D

L

lincolnhayes

Audioholic Intern
The Denon PMA-A100

As usual Denon has yet to let me down. Yeah it's pricey but if you've got the jack, it's well worth what you've spent.It takes me a while but everytime I'm able to pick up a new amp it's always a Denon . It's even clean sounding to the neighbors. Do yourself a favor. Stick with Denon.

Haoleb

Haoleb

Audioholic Field Marshall
Nice enough amp.. But for 2500 bucks it would be near the bottom of my list. Been quite a while since I have been on the forums. Kind of felt like i was watching one of those tv shows where they are at CES or SEMA talking about some new product... I guess if its a video review i want to see it do something. Dummy loads roasting coffee or something?? :confused:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis