G

George

Audioholic Intern
<font color='#000000'>Just want to know if there are any people out there with an experience of the new DVD player from Denon. It slots in at just below the DVD 9000. It has a DVI output and the Denon link.
I'm looking to buy one, but it will have to be specially imported for me, so I would like some thoughts from first hand use.
George.</font>

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
<font color='#000000'>George;

Stay tuned, we should be getting a review sample in a month or two....</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>Any ETA for full review of the 5900? &nbsp;Very cool little preview there concentrating on the hardware side of things...</font>

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
<font color='#000000'>We are currently Beta testing the sample Denon sent us. &nbsp;We will not be reviewing this sample. &nbsp;We suspect sometime in late November Denon will be sending us a production unit for review. &nbsp;Thus a projection date around xmas time for a review seems reasonable.</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>...with DVI enabled no doubt.  Can't wait!  I have the 2900 and my friend ordered a 5900 so I may be able to do some of my own (less sophisticated) testing this weekend.</font>

M

mmmduke

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>I'd like to know if using the Denon digital link between the AVR-5803 and the DVD-5900 has a noticeable impact on the sound quality. &nbsp;I'm curious because I currently own the AVR-5800 and am very satisfied with this unit. &nbsp; Should be getting the 5900 shortly. &nbsp;Thanks.</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>Mamma mia...just Audio alone (we already know video kicks), there is a new king.  The 5900 sounds incredible, no doubt due to the AL24 processing.  There is a noticeable difference between hi-rez (AL24 for DVD-A and Distance Comp [!] for SACD) on the 2900 and the 5900--the 5900 sounds like a tube component!  The soundstage just floats all around you...wonderfully done.</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>...in other words George--it's very very worth it.</font>

J

jgudehus

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>any updates on when the 5900 review will be out? I have a Denon 5803 and am really looking forward to seeing what you have to say. Is the 5900 $1,000 better than the 2900?</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis