J

jdp

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>I have denon dvd 2200 on order and wanted to find out a little more about it, does any know where a review could be found?</font>

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

<font color='#000000'>Not a review, per se, but I have one; I think you'll be pleased. &nbsp;The picture is nice, the sound is fantastic (much better than my previous unit, a Pioneer Elite DV-45A) and the digital bass management is very thorough. &nbsp;It also plays every MP3 disc I've tried without a hickup and plays CDs very well.

Another big plus is the memory buffer. &nbsp;So far I haven't noticed any pause at all during the layer changes of movies (although I haven't watched an awful lot of movies on it- I don't watch as much DVD during football season).

I bought mine locally for $550, and I've felt it was a very good deal. &nbsp;Yeah, you can buy cheaper online, but with Denon I prefer not to go that route, at least with stuff over $400 or so. &nbsp;Denon will not honor their warranty if the dealer isn't authorized, so caveat emptor.</font>

J

jdp

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>Thanks for the review looking forward to receiving the player it's just very hard to wait patiently.

i'm glad i didn't decide to go with the pioneer 655A universal player which i was very close to buying

Looking forward to buying the 3803 too!
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

<font color='#000000'>We're in the same boat. &nbsp;I have an AVR-3802, and am debating whether to step up to the '03 or wait a few months for the '04 (or whatever model designation they give it). &nbsp;The '03 would certainly satisfy my needs (mainly more digital inputs than my model has, and ALPHA 24 would be nice).</font>

J

jdp

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>rob,

I have been trying to find out a little more about the bass management of the 2200.

I understand it controls delays etc to speakers which will be good for me as i have a harmon kardon avr 10 pro logic amp which has little adjustability.

Any chance you could give some more info. still waiting for mine to arrive ?

Thanks

Justin

</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

<font color='#000000'>It does control delay for DVD &amp; DVD-A, but this doesn't function with SACD (apparently Sony isn't willing to allow that function yet for other manufacturers).

Bass management is very complete, and quite effective. &nbsp;It does take a little work to get everything adjusted, but once you do you'll be rewarded with great sound, especially for the money.</font>

J

jdp

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>rob,

Just on an aside topic do you know about any news on new receivers coming out for 04...just going to word up my wife now...it'll take that long to convince her to let me have one!

Justin</font>

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

<font color='#000000'>'Fraid I don't know anything more than you do about the new models. &nbsp;I've been anxiously awaiting the news, as I've on the fence over buying an '03 or holding out for an '04. &nbsp;Hopefully Denon will have something on their web site soon.</font>

J

jdp

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>just wanted to let you know that i received my 2200 and it is a seriously sweet machine. unfortunately progressive scan and tru surround are a little way off (as i only have prologic amp...awaiting the arrival of the next gen. denon amps)

but all in all music quality and dvd video superb...so glad i made the decision to buy it, thanks for you input.</font>

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis