Denon DP-300F Fully Automatic Analog Turntable Overview

H

HTKamikazee

Audioholics Sheriff
While many audio enthusiasts insist on this digital vs analog debate, one thing remains true.... vinyl is still alive!
Hi-Fi-Components_Turntable-and-Cartridges_DP-300F_1.png

Denon knows this and that's why they launched the DP-300F Fully Automatic Analog Turntable which is their entry-level offering. According to Denon, this unit has been designed with heavier base construction for reduced vibration and improved performance.

denon-turntable-11_grande.jpg
The new tonearm with removable headshell makes cartridge replacement simple.
denon-turntable-7_grande.jpg

The DP-300F has an automatic start-up feature that allows the turntable to begin play with the touch of a single button. It also has a manual lifter mechanism that allows you to place the needle on the record wherever you want. I don't have a turntable in my current setup and the DP-300F is starting to make me want one.

Some of its features:
  • Excellent listening turntable at entry-level price, easily upgrades, solid build / heavy.
  • Automatic operation - turntable plays at the touch of a button + tone arm returns to armrest when done.
  • Built-in phono pre-amp (for amplifiers that do not have phono inputs), switchable (on-off switch is under the platter).
  • Removable and upgradable cartridge pre-mounted on removable headshell, Denon MM Cartridge included.
  • Rigid die-cast aluminum base to reduce vibration and improve performance. Refined gloss finish.
  • Belt drive
  • 33 / 45 RPM button.
  • Manual arm lifter (for optional manual operation)
Specification:
  • Drive system: Belt drive
  • Speed: 33 1/3, 45 rpm
  • Wow & flutter: 0.10% (WRMS).
  • Tone arm Type: Straight
  • Stylus pressure range: 0 – 4.0g
  • Cartridge Type: MM
  • Needle pressure: 2.0g
  • Cartridge Weight: 5.0g
  • Replacement needle: DSN-85
  • Power supply: AC 120V, 60 Hz
  • Dimensions 434 x 122 x 38 mm / 17.1" x 4.8" x 15.0"
  • Weight 5.5 kg, 12.13 lbs.
  • Comes with MM Cartridge45
Price: $349.99

Additional pictures:
PicsArt_1423252480039.jpg
denon-turntable-6_grande.jpg
Don't you want one after seeing this nice turntable?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Added to wish list :D Since I need one and haven't owned a TT in a LONG time.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Haven't started looking into it yet, but ProJect is on the radar as well.
My peeve with Pro-Ject is that little hanging weight anti skate device. It just looks cheap and I don't like it.

I notice that even many of their higher end offerings use that same setup. So, I guess it's good and it does the job. But I still don't like seeing that little weight dangling there.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
My peeve with Pro-Ject is that little hanging weight anti skate device. It just looks cheap and I don't like it.

I notice that even many of their higher end offerings use that same setup. So, I guess it's good and it does the job. But I still don't like seeing that little weight dangling there.
The tone arm on the ProJect Debut is a much better toneram than is found on the Denon as depicited in this thread offering with the fancy antiskate mechanism. ;)

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
The tone arm on the ProJect Debut is a much better toneram than is found on the Denon as depicited in this thread offering with the fancy antiskate mechanism. ;)
Yup.

I'm certain that any Pro-Ject will be better than this Denon, don't get me wrong.

And, I'm sure the anti skate on the Pro-ject is "just fine". It's just a personal preference thing, it looks cheap.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Yup.

I'm certain that any Pro-Ject will be better than this Denon, don't get me wrong.

And, I'm sure the anti skate on the Pro-ject is "just fine". It's just a personal preference thing, it looks cheap.
It does look cheap. :eek:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis