Denon DBT-1713UD Universal Audio/Video Player Preview

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
The Denon DBT-1713UD has just about everything you'd want in a Universal Player. It can play just about every 5" disc format on the market (and some that have all but died out). The USB port allows direct streaming of most of the popular video, image, and music formats. DNLA 1.5 certification allows access to networked content and just about all the popular video streaming sources are not only available, but have their own button on the remote. While $500 isn't cheap for a Blu-ray player, it isn't bad considering all the features you are getting. We expect this player to do pretty well...especially with Denon fans.

Discuss "Denon DBT-1713UD Universal Audio/Video Player Preview" here. Read the article.

E

e73bass

Junior Audioholic
Wireless built in?

Why not have a built in Wireless Router?

Trying to figure out how to do this with my router 70 feet away and 2 walls.

My old PS-3 had no issue picking up Netflix. However that went with my son and now I am looking at this DVD player---wish it had bilt in wireless.

Any suggestions?

elwaylite

elwaylite

Audioholic
Guys, Im considering it's brother the Marantz UD5007.

Does anyone know the video chip these two use? I know the higher $$$ models use an ABT chip, but Im wondering if this is just Mediatek in the lower end model? For $600, it irks me a bit that they can't just say what is in there.

elwaylite

elwaylite

Audioholic
Why not have a built in Wireless Router?

Trying to figure out how to do this with my router 70 feet away and 2 walls.

My old PS-3 had no issue picking up Netflix. However that went with my son and now I am looking at this DVD player---wish it had bilt in wireless.

Any suggestions?
One of these

NETGEAR WNCE2001 Universal WiFi Internet Adapter

elwaylite

elwaylite

Audioholic
Got the Marantz 5007 in today, build date July 2012. Real nice unit, man the thing is a beast. The wifi adapter above worked perfectly.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis