Denon, center spread

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Also, indicated above is Dolby Audio-Digital surround.
My 7705 says Dolby Audio - "Dolby" Surround. Is this the same as "Digital" Surround, and curious why they display differently?
Dolby Digital is a 5.1 lossy codec.
Dolby Digital + (Plus) is capable up to 7.1, also a lossy codec but possibility of Atmos metadata as well.
Dolby Surround is an upmixer your avr is capable of using on various source formats.

JackstrawfromWichita

JackstrawfromWichita

Enthusiast
On my similar Denons there are options as to what to see, depending on display options (both or input or output only)....in your case if you have both and input is 2.0 and display speakers as 5.1 I'd assume you have an upmixer in use.
Yep. Thanks. When I select Direct, there are only 2 active speakers as well, so input and active are the same. So the rest take the 2.0 input and up mix to 5.1 (for my setup). Stereo reflects 2.0 input and FR, FL, and SW as active. Actually seems pretty straight forward.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yep. Thanks. When I select Direct, there are only 2 active speakers as well, so input and active are the same. So the rest take the 2.0 input and up mix to 5.1 (for my setup). Stereo reflects 2.0 input and FR, FL, and SW as active. Actually seems pretty straight forward.
Your sound mode in use will dictate what particular upmixing, if any, is involved (multich stereo isn't an upmixer, just distributes L/R channels in each pair of surrounds and mains and sums the center).

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis