Denon AVR-X3700H / Pioneer VSX-LX305 / or wait for the new Sony STR-AN1000

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I finally picked up the speakers and amps, and set it up last night.

Unfortunately, I seem to have an issue with the PS5 and the x3700h.
The screen keeps flickering black, and from reading up, it seems to be a PS5 VRR / 4k/120hz problem.

If I connect the PS5 to the TV and run eARC to the amp, no problems. If I connect the PS5 to the amp, I get this problem.

I thought this issue was fixed if the amp was made after May 2021, with a SN lower than 70001. Mine is in the 90000 range, so do I have a faulty unit? :(

EDIT: I have tried changing cables, updating the firmware on the amp, and updating the PS5. Also tried restarting both machines from cold (i.e. unplugged from wall, then replug before turning on).
I am not sure if the serial number method is for the "fixed" HDMI 4k 120 hz issue, it might have been to tell whether it has the AKM dac IC or the PCM IC. Best ask Denon customer support and see if they can confirm this and/or send you the external adaptor for free.

Denon & Marantz Introduce a FREE HDMI Adapter Kit To Solve 4K/120Hz & 8K Incompatibility Issue | Audioholics

ban25

ban25

Audioholic
I finally picked up the speakers and amps, and set it up last night.

Unfortunately, I seem to have an issue with the PS5 and the x3700h.
The screen keeps flickering black, and from reading up, it seems to be a PS5 VRR / 4k/120hz problem.

If I connect the PS5 to the TV and run eARC to the amp, no problems. If I connect the PS5 to the amp, I get this problem.

I thought this issue was fixed if the amp was made after May 2021, with a SN lower than 70001. Mine is in the 90000 range, so do I have a faulty unit? :(

EDIT: I have tried changing cables, updating the firmware on the amp, and updating the PS5. Also tried restarting both machines from cold (i.e. unplugged from wall, then replug before turning on).
It's fixed if the SN is *over* 70001. You'll also need a certified HDMI 2.1 cable plugged into the 1 HDMI 2.1 port (I believe it's Input 1, labeled as 8K).

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
It's fixed if the SN is *over* 70001. You'll also need a certified HDMI 2.1 cable plugged into the 1 HDMI 2.1 port (I believe it's Input 1, labeled as 8K).
I own a X3700H with the SN ending by 73157 and the 8K input is the HDMI No 7.

BBHT

BBHT

Junior Audioholic
Hi all.

Thanks for the replies. The 8k input is port number 7.

I fiddled with as many settings as I could find. The only solution is to have VRR on the PS5 set to off, and the black flashes more or less disappear.

I found a thread on another forum that suggested it is the HDMI cable / HDMI handshake, as well as power lines.

The HDMI cable from the AVC to the TV runs next to the TV power cable. (there is only 1 entry / exit point for my TV Console). Could this be causing the problem? When I plug directly from the PS5 to the TV, the HDMI is just by itself.

On a more positive note, I really like the Q Acoustics speakers so far. I haven't set up the bookshelves yet, so it is just the towers and centre.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis