Denon AVR X1400H & Xfinity X1 DVR issues

kamaaina1

kamaaina1

Enthusiast
Hello,
Anyone experiencing issues with their X1 box and Denon AVR's? Changing channels issues, lagging & jumpy screen, DVR reboots on it's own, sluggish operation. Comcast came out and exchanged the box and cables, but we're still experiencing intermittent issues. I took the Denon out of line, and the issues stopped. Any thoughts?
Thank you!

E

Ecomatt

Audiophyte
I would do a master reset on the denon amp and see if that alters anything. Also check if there are any firmware updates for the Denon.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Its possible that it's the comcast box. Is it hard wired or wifi to a base station?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Did you have HDMI connection? HDMI-CEC was turned on or off? When you took out the Denon I assume you connected directly to the tv? You need to provide more information about connections/settings to start. Maybe review X1 box issues others have had?

Sef_Makaro

Sef_Makaro

Audioholic
It sounds like it could be a couple issues. I usually find the reboot issue is caused by the X1 dvr power supply. Most techs use whatever is already in place instead of swapping everything.

The sluggish operation or lagging is caused by upstream signal issues from Comcast. If you feel like the remote “isn’t responding” when you press buttons but the front of the dvr lights up (unless you have the 4K dvr),you have noise or ingress causing signal impairment on the upstream. With the X1 platform, every input on the remote has to travel to Comcast headend and back before the box will even try. If the upstream issues are bad enough the CMTS will tell the box (and modem too) to reset to try and find a better connection.

It may seem obvious but double check all your coax connections. Make sure they’re tight. Except for the the connection on the back of the box itself, they should all be finger tight plus about 1/16th of a turn with a 7/16 wrench. The fitting behind the wall plate is very commonly overlooked.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis