Denon avr-s930h vs AVR X3000

R

Rallly

Audiophyte
Guys, does anyone have e side by side specs for these? I just want to know which is better. I currently have a Denon avr-s930h and the speakers cutting out now. Looking to upgrade. Thank you

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The X3000 has superior feature set, but is an older model without all the possibilites of newer series. Don't know what you mean by cutting out or what the cause might be....you can try zkelectronics.com for their comparison tool

R

Rallly

Audiophyte
The X3000 has superior feature set, but is an older model without all the possibilites of newer series. Don't know what you mean by cutting out or what the cause might be....you can try zkelectronics.com for their comparison tool

I have tried zkelectronics.com, but unfortunately they don't have the X3000 in comparison...
With my current Denon avr-s930h I had the circuit board re-soldered where the speaker wires go into in the back. Worked for about 3 months then the speakers still cut out. Meaning no sound comes out certain speakers unless I go behind Amp and apply light pressure on the red and blacks til I hear sound. Good for another movie then no sound lol

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I have tried zkelectronics.com, but unfortunately they don't have the X3000 in comparison...
With my current Denon avr-s930h I had the circuit board re-soldered where the speaker wires go into in the back. Worked for about 3 months then the speakers still cut out. Meaning no sound comes out certain speakers unless I go behind Amp and apply light pressure on the red and blacks til I hear sound. Good for another movie then no sound lol
Who did that circuit board work? That doesn't sound like a good option. I would generally not look at Denon below the X3xxx series just for XT32 and pre-outs primarily.

R

Rallly

Audiophyte
Who did that circuit board work? That doesn't sound like a good option. I would generally not look at Denon below the X3xxx series just for XT32 and pre-outs primarily.

A local amp repair shop called "Natural Sound"

Is the Denon X3000 better sounding and video quality than the Denon avr-s930h??

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
A local amp repair shop called "Natural Sound"

Is the Denon X3000 better sounding and video quality than the Denon avr-s930h??
"sounding" means what particularly? The X3000 has more options for signal manipulation....video I wouldn't use an avr for in the first place as most displays/tvs have better processing.

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
@Rallly , Did you buy a more later version Denon? Repaired the existing again?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis