Denon AVR/Audyssey settings help needed

Calvert

Calvert

Audioholic
"After so many changes in my speaker levels I decided to restore my AVR Audyssey to the original metered settings. Over the years, emphasis on years, I've been advised to adjust multiple settings. Basically, I feel very overwhelmed. If someone is willing I would appreciate recommendations regarding any needed adjustments to AVR/Audyssey settings."

AVR/AUDYSSEY SETTINGS:
Audio Adjust: Surr Parameter Cinema EQ OFF, D. Comp OFF,
LFE 0db
Audyssey Settings: MultiEQ Audyssey, Dynamic EQ ON,
Reference Offset 0db, Dynamic Volume Evening
Audio Delay: 0ms
Audyssey Set Speaker Config.: Front Large, Center Small, Subwoofer Yes,
Surround Small
Audyssey Set Bass Setting: Subwoofer LFE, LPF for LFE 120Hz
Distance: Front L 11.6', Front R 11.6', Center 11.4',
Subwoofer 14.1'
Audyssey Set Channel Levels: Front L -2.0, Center -2.5, Front R -3.0, Surr R -1.0,
Surr L -3.0, Subwoofer-5.0
Audyssey Set Crossover Freq: Crossover Advanced, Front Full Band (grayed out),
Center 80Hz, Surround 40Hz
Auto Surround: Mode ON
Audyssey Set EQ Customize: Manuel Not Used, Audyssey Flat Used,
Audyssey Byp. L/R Not Used
Source Level: Analog Input -1, Digital Input +10

MY EQUIPMENT:
Sony HDTV KDL-46HX750,
Denon AVR 1912,
Infinity Alpha Speakers 50's, 20's, 10's, 37c, Velodyne VRP-1000 Sub,
Panasonic Blu-ray DMP-BD65,
DirecTV HD DVR Genie HR44,
DirecTV AM21 OTA Rcvr,
Panamax M4300-Power Manager,
Harmony Ultimate One Remote,
Monoprice AV Cables

ROOM DESCRIPTION & EQUIPMENT PLACEMENT:
Due to room issues front speakers must be placed within inches of our HDTV. The center is placed directly below the HDTV. Surrounds are of use only for the primary seating position. Subwoofer must be placed behind HDTV/Equipment cabinet. open low cabinet and fronts. This rectangular room is open concept. There are only two full walls. The north wall and east wall. It is the living room.

Last edited:
P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Those don't look like the factory default settings. Did you do a processor reset? After a reset you can re-run Audyssey. In any case, it is better to set your fronts to small and dynamic volume to "off". Source level for both analg an Digital should be 0, not 10. For crossovers, you can start by setting it to 80 Hz for all channels, and go from there.

Calvert

Calvert

Audioholic
I did not reset the processor. Turning dynamic volume off really did not work out. Reducing the digital sound level greatly reduced overall volume so it remains as set.

Last edited:
P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I did not reset the processor. Turning dynamic volume off really did not work out. Reducing the digital sound level greatly reduced overall volume so it remains as set.
Did you set them speakers to small? You really should, let the sub handle the low bass. Dynamic volume reduce dynamics but that's fine if you prefer flat, compressed like kind of music.

Calvert

Calvert

Audioholic
Yes I did. I've decided to have a tech come in to reset the AVR, make all necessary adjustments then rerun Audyssey.

Thank you very much for your generous help PENG.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
For future reference I suggest not editing your thread title and OP because others may have similar or identical questions that they could answer themselves if they happen to find your thread.

Calvert

Calvert

Audioholic
For future reference I suggest not editing your thread title and OP because others may have similar or identical questions that they could answer themselves if they happen to find your thread.
Post reinstated. Thanks Seth.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis