Denon AVR-A1H what a Beast

Q

quattro_98

Enthusiast
I might be remembering incorrectly, but I think in the Masimo/Sound United video about the A1H (or maybe in something I read), the physical space of the A1H largely dictated the amplifier design. I'm sure that buying IP for 3rd party class D modules gets expensive as well.

In the Marantz Amp 10, I think the ICEPower Edge design they used is smaller than the Hypex & Purifi modules. Getting 15-16 channels in one chassis is not easy.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
No but their 16 channel Amp 10 is class D. To me, it is silly for most people to spend $9,000 on such an amp when they could spend less than $1,500 for a more powerful class D amp for the LCR and then buy spend another $3,000 on an amp for the surround and height channel. I don't buy those who claim you need the same 200 W/400 W 8/4 ohm for all channels. Some could benefit from such things if they have larger HT room and full size speakers spread out, maybe guys like Gene, or TLSGuy. The rest of us average HT users could be sill, even stupid to throw money at the likes of the Amp 10. It is beyond obsessed, that's why I call it stupid.:D
Definitely not about smart consumerism or spending wisely here. :D

Back when the Denon AVP-A1HDCI came out, I was going to also buy the matching 150W x 10Ch amp. But what stopped me was the WEIGHT of that thing. If it had been like the weight of the Marantz AMP-10, I would have bought it for sure.

So extremely enthusiastic hobbyists who would buy the AV-10 would be tempted to get the matching AMP-10 because it's just cool. :cool:

Like when I got my Yamaha CX-A5100 AVP, I also got the matching MX-A5000 AMP just it's just cool. :cool: :D

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Definitely not about smart consumerism or spending wisely here. :D

Back when the Denon AVP-A1HDCI came out, I was going to also buy the matching 150W x 10Ch amp. But what stopped me was the WEIGHT of that thing. If it had been like the weight of the Marantz AMP-10, I would have bought it for sure.

So extremely enthusiastic hobbyists who would buy the AV-10 would be tempted to get the matching AMP-10 because it's just cool. :cool:

Like when I got my Yamaha CX-A5100 AVP, I also got the matching MX-A5000 AMP just it's just cool. :cool: :D
I have to confess that when I bought the AV8801 I also bought the matching 8 channel MM8003 but for I paid a lot less than the $2,400 list price at the time. I don't much know how much discount one can get, street price for the Amp 10, my guess is, close to 80% or more of the full list price. That 8 channel amp turns out to be a great match now for my 7.1.4, the only channels I feel the need for bigger amp are the LCR, 3 out of 11 of the total channels I use.

Q

quattro_98

Enthusiast
The Amp 10 & AV 10 would look awfully nice together...

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
The Amp 10 & AV 10 would look awfully nice together...
Yeah, the Amp-10 is a great amp as Gene has talked about. But I think the salient point is that seeing the matching combo in your own room would give people a great feeling aesthetically.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I have to confess that when I bought the AV8801 I also bought the matching 8 channel MM8003 but for I paid a lot less than the $2,400 list price at the time. I don't much know how much discount one can get, street price for the Amp 10, my guess is, close to 80% or more of the full list price. That 8 channel amp turns out to be a great match now for my 7.1.4, the only channels I feel the need for bigger amp are the LCR, 3 out of 11 of the total channels I use.
Even at dealer cost, these days I'm not willing to spend the money on this combo or any combo. Not sure I would even buy another AVP or amp if I'm buying a new system - probably would just get a flagship AVR for my speakers and an external amp for all my passive Subwoofers. :D

Epsonfan

Epsonfan

Full Audioholic
Good news Student loan forgiveness is back so I can afford the LX600 now..What was the website ?..

Epsonfan

Epsonfan

Full Audioholic
Too bad thou I paid off my student loan many moons ago.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Too bad thou I paid off my student loan many moons ago.
I never had any student loans through 7 years of college. But if I did, I would have paid them off ASAP because I hate to owe money. :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis