Denon AVR 3805 vs Rotel

U

UmAlum1990

Audiophyte
I posted this at the end of another thread, thought I'd be better off starting a new one.

Does anyone have an opinion on Rotel RSX 1067 vs the Denon AVR 3805. I pretty much made up my mind between the Denon vs RXV 2400, but I have been hearing good things about the Rotel. I am even considering the Rotel RSX 1056, which is 75 watts per vs 100w per.

It is my understanding that the Rotel puts out "true" wattage; the 75 or 100 wpc is actually what it says, even when all the channels are being driven.

Also... an opinion on the Sonus Faber Concerto vs Paradigm Reference S2's?????

By tht eway, the room is 16'6 x 23 22 foot ceilings.... possible a tower would work better?? Paradigm Studio 100v3????
Thanks

U

Unregistered

I can only suggest by my own experience, I too am looking for a new receiver...I 'm upgrading from a Denon 2802 so it only makes sense for me to look at the new Denon 3805 since all the reviews coming in say that it is stellar on all aspects...fiew days ago I had a chance to demo side by side the Denon vs the Rotel and let me tell you, it was night and day black and white you get my drift...mind you I went thinking the Denon would blow me away and it did sound good but Hands down the Rotel was the clear winner side by side it really showed what sound should sound like warm, full and natural (very detailled at all levels) so the good news...it's also 5.1 you say good news? well $500 later and you've got a 7.1 setup with seperate sound for your fronts...well I hope this helped?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis