Denon AVR-1912 7.1 Channel Networked A/V Receiver First Look

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
There is a lot to like in the Denon AVR-1912. While they had to make some tradeoffs as far as number of connections, the fact that a $530 receiver is not only networked but also streams Internet radio, Rhapsody, Napster, and Pandora and is compatible with DNLA 1.5, Windows 7, and Apple's AirPlay. At this price point, we didn't expect much of that. While consumers will have to be sure that the AVR-1912 has all the connections they need, they'll be surprised by the number of high end features included. Audyssey's MultEQ and Dynamic EQ/Volume are on board as is Dolby's ProLogic IIz. The new Denon "Setup Wizard" will walk unsure users through everything from connecting their speakers to calibrating their receiver. With a GUI overlaid on HDMI, a remote control app as well as browser control, and seven discrete amps, there is something in the AVR-1912 for everyone.

Discuss "Denon AVR-1912 7.1 Channel Networked A/V Receiver First Look" here. Read the article.

ratso

ratso

Full Audioholic
why is it that as soon as you actually pull the trigger on a new avr (my 4311CI is now a whole 3 days old) they announce the new line of avr's? i can pretty much guarantee you that a mid priced avr with XT32 will come out now knowing my luck.

B

Boss Denny

Audiophyte
why is it that as soon as you actually pull the trigger on a new avr (my 4311CI is now a whole 3 days old) they announce the new line of avr's? i can pretty much guarantee you that a mid priced avr with XT32 will come out now knowing my luck.
The 4311 is still current, and is far superior to the 1912 in terms of build quality, performance and features. No need to fret.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis