Denon AVR 1802 not powering up

H

hcemc

Audiophyte
Hello,

My Denon AVR 1802 stayed in Standby mode and does not power up. After pressing the Speaker A & B buttons and plug in power cord to reset, either the 7 LEDs lit up (Signal, Input, & Speakers A/B), or the 7 LEDs & display lit up (Signal, Input, Speakers A/B, & display). See attached pictures below. The AVR system still does not power up. The typical reset (3 flashes of the LEDs & display) did not occur.

Do any of you know what the issue is and where to diagnose the problem? Appreciate the help!

Denon AVR 1802 (1) Standby resize.jpg
Denon AVR 1802 (2) reset 1 resize.jpg
Denon AVR 1802 (3) reset 2 resize.jpg

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Generally if you can't even power it up or perform a microprocessor reset I'd say your avr is beyond anything you can do as a consumer. If you're a tech and can use a service manual and have the tools to analyze/repair....you probably wouldn't ask here.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Hello,

My Denon AVR 1802 stayed in Standby mode and does not power up. After pressing the Speaker A & B buttons and plug in power cord to reset, either the 7 LEDs lit up (Signal, Input, & Speakers A/B), or the 7 LEDs & display lit up (Signal, Input, Speakers A/B, & display). See attached pictures below. The AVR system still does not power up. The typical reset (3 flashes of the LEDs & display) did not occur.

Do any of you know what the issue is and where to diagnose the problem? Appreciate the help!

View attachment 48548View attachment 48549View attachment 48550
What you have done is all you can reasonably. It is clear the unit has a major fault. It is at least a 12 year old receiver and not worth the cost of repair, even assuming parts were available, which with modern manufacture, is unlikely.

I'm afraid that unit needs a one way trip to the recycling center.

H

hcemc

Audiophyte
Generally if you can't even power it up or perform a microprocessor reset I'd say your avr is beyond anything you can do as a consumer. If you're a tech and can use a service manual and have the tools to analyze/repair....you probably wouldn't ask here.
Thank you for the reply!

H

hcemc

Audiophyte
What you have done is all you can reasonably. It is clear the unit has a major fault. It is at least a 12 year old receiver and not worth the cost of repair, even assuming parts were available, which with modern manufacture, is unlikely.

Thank you for the reply!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis