Denon AH-C830NCW Quick Review

K

KiterSuperFly

Junior Audioholic
I received a pair of Denon AH-C830NCW from Santa, I thought I would pass along short review for those interested. I have had a few pair of headphones and earbuds over the years, but won't be comparing. I will just share my impressions.

Nice packaging. Yeah, whatever, but looks like these came from the Apple factory, for what it is worth. The manual was simple and easy to understand. The headphones are simple to operate (which is good) with basic controls. They do not seem, however, to have on earphone volume control. Not an issue for me, makes the other functionality just work without misfires.

I find the fit quite good. I have had buds that bothered my ears, these don't. They come with three sizes of silicone. I think you can get aftermarket finer sizing of silicone if required. The earpieces seem to be standard design, so I would assume most aftermarket silicone would fit.

The ANR works very well. When activated, it does not have detrimental effect on the sound, something I cannot say for all ANR headphones I have had. The Passthrough mode does a good job. It seems to slightly amplify light sounds (like a distant car), but also temper some louder sounds so they are not overpowering. Thumbs up to the passthrough.

The sound. I find the sound very pleasant and well balanced. clear highs without fatigue, full, clear midrange, and full bass, but not silly. Again, very nice, well balanced.

Overall, I am very happy with these headphones and would not hesitate to recommend to anyone. I have not found any area that I wish was different or better, or find something that didn't work the way would expect.

Well done Denon.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis