Denon a110 settings

T

Tchall74

Audiophyte
Hello everyone been an audio junky since 1990s . I have a denon a110 receiver love it but have a question on bass management. My receiver let's me set large or small as usual but I can set crossover points either way , full range all the way to 200hz. On small or large ? Any thoughts? Thanks

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Setting a speaker to small is avr language for "use bass management" but in your Denon, assuming its similar to mine, you have two "bass" options, one called LFE and the other LFE+Main....it sounds like you're in LFE+Main mode where the crossover setting is only going to act as a low pass filter for the sub and thus the setting for a crossover can still be made. If you want to use the full crossover use small and LFE.

T

Tchall74

Audiophyte
Yeah lfe +main is another option an additional option. Thats why not sure what it is dont notice much in sound I have limited measurement tools so cant dive too deep figured I'd ask. thank you for the input though.

T

Tchall74

Audiophyte
Yeah it set my fronts to large crossover to 40hz center and side surrounds to 40hz small my heights and rears to 100hz small.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah it set my fronts to large crossover to 40hz center and side surrounds to 40hz small my heights and rears to 100hz small.
I'd still change the speakers to "small" when using subs. I generally start with all crossovers at 80, and try above and below that as well....

T

Tchall74

Audiophyte
Ok thats sort of what I did I have them set to small with the lcr and side surrounds to 60hz the rest at 100hz thank you for the input

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis