Denon A and B front speakers

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
I notice on my receiver that I can designate two sets of front speakers. I currently have the receiver set in 5.2 mode, but all of my speakers are on the front wall. I listen to music in multi channel stereo mode.
if I reconfigured my receiver to front A and front B, can I listen two both sets of speakers at the same time, and would the information sent to the speakers be different than my current setup?

if I reconfigure the receiver would I have to run Auddessey again?
Thanks!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Seems you still would use separate amp channels either way unlike older receivers that would share amp channels and often weren't meant to run A+B simultaneously. One difference with the A+B setup might be the center channel could be the actual center channel for content with such, and not a summed center from L/R signal as in all-ch stereo mode. Do you listen to everything in the multi-ch stereo mode? I have that option on my Denon but haven't used it as I really have no desire to play two pairs of stereo mains. I wonder what Audyssey will do with the B speaker....but I would think you'd need to re-run Audyssey with such a configuration change in any case.

C

CoryW

Audioholic
Umm, all 5 speakers on the front wall. With all the intended delays, that should sound kinda funky. I really enjoy two channel listening. I’ve not done much 5.2, but my new old Onkyo pig sounds fantastic after I ran Audyssey. It’s whatever itch you need scratched.

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
Movies I watch in Dolby digital or surround. Music I listen to multi channel stereo. I am wondering if it would sound better with the A and B setup for true stereo listening.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
What's "true stereo" about listening to two pairs of 2.0 speakers? Or as Cory mentioned, not much of a multich setup with speakers positioned that way. Personally I'd look for an option to make two of them height speakers for an appropriate surround format and not use multi-ch stereo modes, but that's me.

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
I am thinking in terms of the information sent to the speakers. Before HT was a thing I always had a 4 speaker set up. Sometimes I would place a speaker in each corner, sometimes I would stack them left and right.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I suppose it's what you're used to :) and to an extent which way you want to listen to music and/or movies. Never did the stacking or pseudo-quad thing....I still see quite a bit of it in certain audio groups, tho. Sometimes I see setups with more than two pair, too.

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
You guys really working on me.
I am thinking of getting front heights and dedicated surround speakers.
does anyone make good quality Bluetooth speakers I can wall mount? I don’t want to see wires?

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
If I buy a two channel amp to to power the fronts and run the other speakers from the Denon as is often practiced, how will that impact the sound.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis