Denon 5900, What is "Auto 1" and/or "Auto 2"?

P

pat conlon

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Greetings All....My first post, but I've been lurking around for some time now...
I'm ready to order the 5900, contrast bug be damned, what is this auto1 or auto2 I've seen?

Perhaps different Denon output modes for de-interlacing?

Here is a link to the Home Theater HiFi review, Auto 2 is at top, scroll down for Auto 1:
http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/cgi-bin....VD-5900

Is it safe to assume that by now Denon will have activated the DVI output?
I'm ordering through Tweeters.

Thanks folks,

Pat Conlon, Palm Desert, Ca.</font>

M

monicard

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Can't answer your question but I thought I would ask you one. &nbsp;What price did you pay? &nbsp;I just ordered one through Pacific Sales in Torrance and paid $1600 plus tax. &nbsp;I was in Tweeters and asked what they would negotiate to. &nbsp;There response was that all dealers have to sell at retail on this product and the cost is $1995, take it or leave it. &nbsp;I left it. &nbsp;Pacific sales is an authorized Denon dealer. &nbsp;I consider the Pacific sales price an excellent one as the Internet non Denon dealers are asking around $1550. &nbsp; Gary
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
<font color='#000080'>Actually see our update on the &quot;Contrast Bug&quot; - was more like an &quot;Instruction Manual Bug&quot;...</font>

P

pat conlon

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Hey Gary....It was $1,990. Oh well...
OTOH, I did get a killer price on the Vienna Acoustics.

At this price for the Denon 5900 when I open the box at Tweeters and I see the notice from Denon that the DVI is not activated, I'm going to leave the unit at Tweeters and have them contact Denon, obtain the software (via mail), load the software and demonstrate the DVI output for me....before I take the unit home.</font>

M

monicard

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Looks like you got one from one of the original lots. &nbsp;They should have activated the DVI for units currently being manufactured. &nbsp;According to the Denon rep contact that deals with Pacific Sales, there are none available until late Feb. &nbsp;This is a liimited production item. It will probably be worth the wait. &nbsp;BTW, if you can find access to the British magazine HiFi choice(february edition), they have a review of the Denon 5900 but it has a different name DVDA11 or something like that. &nbsp;Haven't been able to find the mag but I am interested in what they have to say. &nbsp;Gary</font>

M

monicard

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Pat, If you do do that, the salesperson I dealt with was Fred in their electronics department. &nbsp;I am fortunate in that the Pacific Sales store is only 2 miles from my home. &nbsp;I think they sell most of their Denon stuff at 20-25% off list. &nbsp;Gary</font>

P

pat conlon

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Gary...Thanks again.

BTW in looking once again at Steve and Gene's write up on the &quot;contrast bug&quot; (I know, I know, there is no bug) &nbsp;it appears that the 5900 has a progressive output mode called Auto2.....soooo I also assume that there is a output mode called Auto1.</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis