B

bigmc78

Audiophyte
Just wondering about the denon 5803 reciever, it has 2 sets of surround hook-ups plus a set of rear hook-ups, does this mean i can have two fronts, a total of 4 side mount speakers and a set of 2 rears? Also where would i hook up the subs, id like a left and right, can i use the left and right multi room hook-ups for the subs?,, Im putting a home theatre in my basment, and just curious if this is possible?

Thanks
Mike

Last edited:
P

petermwilson

Audioholic
Hi,
I have an upgraded 5800. As far a speaker hookups it's the same.\

I run 9 speakers. One matched set for DVD-A and SACD music only (remember the 5800 and 03 has 2 full sets of not only 6 but 8ch analog inputs. This means that you don't have to get a combi player which from what I've read still have some issues. I also add on a pair of Di-poles (surround B) and a Pair of direct firing effects speakers for the EX or ES in some films.

Someone else will have to comment on Subs. I only use 1 NHT SUB 2 which has 2 10" drivers and a 500w sunfire amp and goes down to 21 +- 3 which is plenty for my setup cause it almost tears the wallmounts off when its cranked.

Anyway, at 170w THX Ultra 2, which means each channel has its own amp amoung other things. It's a piece of electronics that hopefully will last me a lifetime.

Peter m.

U

Unregistered

IM just curious if using amplified subs,, where would you hook them too,, i didnt see a preout for subs???

P

petermwilson

Audioholic
Hi,
Go to the "Secrets of Home theatre site" where theres a review and a picture of the back of the 5803 that can be enlarged to the point that every input is very easy to see.

Peter m.

U

Unregistered

Better yet, go to the denon website and download the manual. I always try to read the manuals online before I even venture to the store to check it out in person.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis