Denon 4700 Optoma HD65...ARC hdmi

H

Hickman

Audioholic Intern
So I kinda need some input on hdmi port I’m using....my Optoma projectors hdmi is fiber optic and it’s plugged into the arc hdmi port on the AVR I think that’s my problem why I’m not getting the full effects of my receiver...any Suggestions?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You're going to have to describe your setup a little more than that. So you have an optic fiber cable and you want to get audio back from your projector why particularly? At least that's the point of ARC, it's a return audio channel from the display the avr is hooked up to, otherwise performs normal hdmi duties. What sources otherwise and how are they connected?

H

Hickman

Audioholic Intern
So I hooked up my Onkyo using the regular hdmi out using this Optoma projector but I tried the same with my new Denon and it directed me to arc port.I’m not getting any of the sound benefits regarding Dolby atmos etc when watching Netflix on Apple tv4k everything is dull.I also stream videos from YouTube through Apple TV to receiver it works but its not the same like the Onkyo and the receiver is showing pcm setting.My set up is outlaw 5000 powering L-C-R speakers and the receiver is powering only the height front and rear ceiling speakers...fronts are only working and Auro3D it’s only showing 2D...thanks for you input

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
What do you mean you were directed to the ARC port? Do you need ARC? The apple tv is connected to the avr or the projector?

ps saw your other thread. PCM input would be due the audio settings on your source (apple tv I assume).

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis