Denon 3910 Dlink Help

V

victoriacoffee

Audioholic Intern
Hi all. I am new here and this is my first post. I'm trying to set up the Denon 3910 and the 3805 and ran into some trouble with activating the Dlink on the 3910. I have followed the procedure in the manual but still have no access to Denon Link in the set-up menu. On the 3805 side, everything seems to check out ok, though since I am new to both I am not ruling out the possiblility it may have to be tweeked.

Any suggestions on what to do? :confused: Thanks and great forum!

H

happy540i

Junior Audioholic
I have a 5803A and a 3910. I have an optical cable and a Denon link cable connecting them together. I just do a setup on the 5803 and the 3910 and tell which cable to use and it works fine. On the display of your receiver , it will show what input is being used

V

victoriacoffee

Audioholic Intern
happy540i said:
I have a 5803A and a 3910. I have an optical cable and a Denon link cable connecting them together. I just do a setup on the 5803 and the 3910 and tell which cable to use and it works fine. On the display of your receiver , it will show what input is being used
happy540i:
Thanks for the suggestions. On the 3805 I have the dvd input associated with the dlink. On the display, it shows dlink but no signal. On the 3910, I can't get to the Denon Link, its grayed out.. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks!

V

victoriacoffee

Audioholic Intern
Finally Figured it out

By pure chance I figured out what was preventing me from accessing Denon Link in the set-up menu. The player must be empy. Hope this helps anyone else who is having difficulty with it. This is my first high dollar dvd player and receiver and although I love tinkering, it was a chore!

No, on to digital audio bliss... :D

T

tdenny

Enthusiast
victoriacoffee said:
happy540i:
Thanks for the suggestions. On the 3805 I have the dvd input associated with the dlink. On the display, it shows dlink but no signal. On the 3910, I can't get to the Denon Link, its grayed out.. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks!
I'm having the same problem with my 5900. The Denon link is setup on my 3805 and it shows the Denon Link as active. Additionally I do have a disc in the player and the Denon Link option is still grayed out.

T

tdenny

Enthusiast
It worked

victoriacoffee,

Nice suggestion on removing the dvd. Once I did that and then went to the setup menu the Denon Link selection was activated. The sound is terrific. This is great.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis