Denon 3805 or - Please advise

T

tuuney

Enthusiast
Hello everyone,
This's my first post. I'm looking for a new receiver to handle my new speaker set from the Cambrige as follow:
Front: Newton T500 (Sub is included)
Center: MC400
Surround: S300.

I don't think my old Pioneer receiver (5years old) could this system properly so I'm searching for a new receiver. Can someone give me point me to a nice receiver that compatible with my new speakers?

Denon 3805, Onkyo SR702, Harman K AVR 7300? or esle???
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
Many thanks in advance.

N

Nick250

Audioholic Samurai
tuuney said:
Hello everyone,
This's my first post. I'm looking for a new receiver to handle my new speaker set from the Cambrige as follow:
Front: Newton T500 (Sub is included)
Center: MC400
Surround: S300.

I don't think my old Pioneer receiver (5years old) could this system properly so I'm searching for a new receiver. Can someone give me point me to a nice receiver that compatible with my new speakers?

Denon 3805, Onkyo SR702, Harman K AVR 7300? or esle???
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
Many thanks in advance.
Your current receiver may be fine since the receiver has little to do with the quality of the sound coming out of your speakers. My Dad's 20 year old Mac sounds great. However if you decide you do need to upgrade then any Denon, Onkyo, Yamaha in the $500 to $600 range will do you fine as long has it has the features you need. Spending more will get you more features, but no real impact on sound. The differences in power are negligable. I have a 4 year old Onkyo which works just fine but I do get upgradeitice for a new receiver from time to time but then reason prevails.

N

newfmp3

Audioholic
all a matter of opinion really. And I think some people just can't hear a difference sometimes which is where this statement of amps sounding the same comes from.

If I place 10 different amps on my speakers, I'll hear almost as many different types of sounds. I say almost, because some amps do sound alike, but an amp can impact on sound quality quite a bit. I've gone through this every year when I try to replace my carver amps. I take home a receiver and it just fails to impress me...too warm, too bright, not enough bass etc.

I for one think it is very important to match a good amp with good speakers. you could have the best speakers in the world, put a crappy amp on them, and they'll sound like ....crap.

try before you buy. Everyone's ear is different.

av-man

av-man

Audioholic
The best reason to upgrade a 5 year old receiver is to go Digital or take advantage of new formats like SACD or DVD audio. A Denon 3805 is a fine peice of equipment that will bring your new speakers to life.

L

Leprkon

Audioholic General
Unless you have to have third room capability, or the pretty much useless Denon link, you would be better off getting a 2805 and saving a couple hundred bucks. Both are great machines, but the 3805 has some features that aren't worth the extra money unless you need them.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis