Denon 3805 Input configuration

F

FredBack

Enthusiast
Hello again
I'm the happy (not yet, in fact...) owner of a A/V Denon AVR 3805, with Whaferdale evo 40, 10 and Center, a DVD player Pioneer DV 565A-S and a Monitor Sharp LCD 30HV4E

I connected the Digital Audio from the DVD player to the Coax 1 Digital 1 of the 3805 A/V

As I don't want an extra piece of equipement (so I'm WAF proof...) I want to listen to CD on the DVD player.

On the Denon, for Digital Input, I can choose Coax1 and affect it to the CD or DVD, but not both. So, what should I do ?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Fred

U

Unregistered

You don't have to do anything. The DVD player can play cds as well. I think its most logical to assign the Coax digital input you are using to the DVD input just because that is what you connected (easy to remember - select dvd to listen to a disc in the dvd player).

If your dvd player has more than 1 digital out, as most do, then you can connect the other digital out to a different digital in on the Denon and assign it to CD.

DVD coax out -> denon input 1 -> assign DVD to input 1
DVD optical out -> denon input 2 -> assign CD to input 2
Now you can listen to any disc by choosing either the DVD or CD input on the Denon. There will be no difference in sound quality on either input, but if it makes it easier for the WAF, there is no harm in doing it that way.

F

FredBack

Enthusiast
Thank you so much !
Will do that when I come back from vacation
Regards
Fred

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers