C

checkmate

Audiophyte
Which speakers would you reccomend for the denon 2805 Reciever

MacManNM

MacManNM

Banned
We need a little more info from you.

What size is your room? Are they mostly for HT or for music? How much do you want to spend? Do you have a sub already?

C

checkmate

Audiophyte
Room size is around 5ft by 11ft

I wish to spend around £500 on this and dont have no sub at present.

Im after all in one package and also after a 6.1 speaker package...is it possible to get 5.1 speaker then buy extra speaker to make it 6.1 or do i have to buy a 6.1 system

C

checkmate

Audiophyte
oh and its mainlky for watching Tv ..movies and music ...

MacManNM

MacManNM

Banned
checkmate said:
I wish to spend around £500 on this and dont have no sub at present.
How much is that in USD?

Your room is 11 x 5 ???? Is your equipment in a closet? That seems pretty darn small. I'm thinking 3 pairs of Koss headphones should do the trick.

C

chrisdogmlb

Audiophyte
A local Audio Store told me that Paradigm's are a good match to Denon Receivers. I went in to the store and auditioned them. They sounded awesome to me so I got them.

C

checkmate

Audiophyte
MacManNM said:
How much is that in USD?

Your room is 11 x 5 ???? Is your equipment in a closet? That seems pretty darn small. I'm thinking 3 pairs of Koss headphones should do the trick.
Its around 1000$ im willing to spend

I do want kind of powerful amps and not to small and less power...and yeh room aint that big.

MacManNM

MacManNM

Banned
6 Klipsch RB-15's should work pretty good. I still don't understand how you could put anything in a 5x11 room.

C

checkmate

Audiophyte
Well im not that fussy on room size because at present im looking for a new house which which will have bigger room size but not sure of its size at present.

But i want to buy the speakers regardless of the room size

bsodmike

bsodmike

Audioholic Intern
Hey there checkmate!

5x11'...sounds like a dorm room hehe! Have you tried Superfi? I pretty much got all my Denon and B&W stuff from the Leeds store. Service is great and I was even able to get them to drop the price on the DVD3910 from £800 to 720quid :)

Good luck, Mike

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
MacManNM said:
6 Klipsch RB-15's should work pretty good. I still don't understand how you could put anything in a 5x11 room.
Hey, I used to have full sized floor speakers and an 8inch 400watt subwoofer in an 8 by 11 room. Mmmm bass :)

I recommend a nice speaker package.

A velodyne Deco, or similar system. The Deco is discontinued so you might not be able ot find it, but if you do, it will be nice and cheap.

SheepStar

C

checkmate

Audiophyte
Im at present trying to match good speakers to the amp ive chosen before i can start to shop around...
im completely newbie in this

MacManNM

MacManNM

Banned
Sheep said:
Hey, I used to have full sized floor speakers and an 8inch 400watt subwoofer in an 8 by 11 room. Mmmm bass :)

I recommend a nice speaker package.

A velodyne Deco, or similar system. The Deco is discontinued so you might not be able ot find it, but if you do, it will be nice and cheap.

SheepStar
And your room was almost 50% bigger!!!!!

D

davenport333

Audiophyte
Meters or feet

That room size sounds more like meters. Yes? That would make it about 16 feet by 23 feet.

Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

Audioholic Field Marshall
I think speakers are primarily a matter of personal preference. You might try going to a few local shops and listen to different speakers to see what you like. Main problem is, you still won't know how they'll sound in your flat. But in the end it's important that you buy a speaker based on how you like it's sound, not how others do.

Assuming you don't have speakers now and are in a rush, here is a cheap temporary option to fill the void until your ready to decide what you really want: I used a $100 HTIB (yeah, I know :eek: ) set of speakers for 3 years until I could afford nicer ones. There is no comparison in sound to a "real" set of speakers, but they will sound OK through your 2805 until you decide what to get. With mine, I was adding one nice speaker at a time and replacing a crappy one with it until I finally got rid of the last one (really crappy sub) last week.

A

Azz123

Junior Audioholic
Crikey - 5'x11'????

I'm giggling like a child.. My toilet is bigger than that!!

He must be talking metric..

:)

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Azz123 said:
Crikey - 5'x11'????

I'm giggling like a child.. My toilet is bigger than that!!

He must be talking metric..

:)
Nope, his post says Ft. I think he was guessing. That, or he really wants a bass heavy theater.

SheepStar

rikmeister

rikmeister

Audioholic
maybe you should look at the svs set up. that is in your budget. also you could

look at used speakers on audiogon.com. that would almost allow you to buy 2000 usd or 1000 lbs UK. denon is pretty neutral. your best bet is to buy a ticket to the usa and buy them here . Much cheaper to buy even uk speaker brands here. YOu could look at quads too. do you want bookself or floorstanding.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
rikmeister said:
look at used speakers on audiogon.com. that would almost allow you to buy 2000 usd or 1000 lbs UK. denon is pretty neutral. your best bet is to buy a ticket to the usa and buy them here . Much cheaper to buy even uk speaker brands here. YOu could look at quads too. do you want bookself or floorstanding.
I don't think he lives in the US.

Like I said, for that size room, any decent HTiB will do. Or a decent speaker package with amp, thats all you need.

SheepStar

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
I personally think the thing to do at the present would be to invest the entire budget in the best pair of speakers he can lay his ear to. If he's going to be moving into a bigger home soon, then he can upgrade slowly and get a really kicking system that will please him more over time. I listened to some speakers from the UK today that really made me smile, those being the Duo speakers from AVI.

http://www.avihifi.co.uk/Duo/Duo.html

The price is sadly out of his budget, but I know there is some good stuff available over there that would fit his budget. Perhaps something from the B&W 600 series?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis