Denon 2803 - No Sound

G

Gaston1

Audiophyte
Hello Everyone,

I woke up this morning to find my receiver not working properly. Specifically,
there is no audio at all. I checked all the speaker connections and they are fine. I tried all the different components, DVD,CD, TV, Tunner, etc, as well as the different modes, DTS, Direct, 6-channel, etc ... they are all registering find on the display and on the TV for the DVD and TV modes. I even initialized the microprocessor but still no sound.

I have had this unit for 1 1/2 years and it has been working flawlessly.

Thank you in advance for your input and comments.

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
My old marantz pre/pro used to get confused on which digital input was active, I had to reboot it so to speak and switch back and forth between the inputs to get them active. However, I have not had this issue on my 2803. Try restting the receiver; the instructions are in the manual. Also check your a/b speaker setting to make sure you did not turn off them off.

Q

quadlog

Enthusiast
lol..it's not funny but I couldn't get any sound out of my Denon 2805 that I recently purchased. I was always used to cheap HTib systems so I didn't know you had to set up the room EQ, etc. before you get any sound. :p

I didn't have an extra component cable so I couldn't use the TV menu to set up the receiver the first time. not fun.

Anyways, try a complete system reset and it should work. Electronics can get flakey from time to time.

G

Gaston1

Audiophyte
I have tried all the suggestions given but still no audio. I guess is shop time.

Thank you all for your assistance. I will report back once I resolve this situation.

J

japejy

Audiophyte
I have the similar problem with my 1,5 year old AVR-1603. No sound from any source. Sometimes I can hear a whine, which starts from the low frequence and reaches the very high frequence. And if it doesn't whine then the adjusting of the volume produces wierd crackling sound for every step the knob moves. Ones I was able to hear the radio broadcast very quietly. I have reseted the microprocessor and tried to change the speakers from A to B, which has not been used before. Something broken? Surely.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis