Denon 2112CI Left Front channel Low Output

W

Will8509

Audiophyte
First post here but I hope you all can help.

I decided to finally hook all my surround sound stuff back up after moving across the country in March.

I have a Denon AVR-2112CI and when i booted everything back up, the left front channel is significantly lower and distorted.

I have checked multiple speakers off this channel (the speakers work on the other channels) and using test tones, its output level is quite reduced.
I have reset the microprocessor and this still did not provide any relief.

I live in Houston, TX, but my first choice would be to avoid sending the unit back in for repair.

Are there any more troubleshooting items that i could be doing in order to fix my problem, or can anyone take a guess as to what might be happening with my receiver.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Best Regards,
Will

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
First post here but I hope you all can help.

I decided to finally hook all my surround sound stuff back up after moving across the country in March.

I have a Denon AVR-2112CI and when i booted everything back up, the left front channel is significantly lower and distorted.

I have checked multiple speakers off this channel (the speakers work on the other channels) and using test tones, its output level is quite reduced.
I have reset the microprocessor and this still did not provide any relief.

I live in Houston, TX, but my first choice would be to avoid sending the unit back in for repair.

Are there any more troubleshooting items that i could be doing in order to fix my problem, or can anyone take a guess as to what might be happening with my receiver.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Best Regards,
Will
You have done everything you can. Without having on the test bench under instrumentation, it is impossible to say what exactly is wrong, but it is major.

The only other thing you can do is see if it involves the headphones. If the headphones sound OK, then the trouble is in the power amp. Since a fuse did not blow and the unit does not go into protection, I doubt it is a power transistor failure. It sounds as if something has happened in the driver stage just before the power transistors. You likely are getting half a wave form. The driver stage is where phase splitting occurs just ahead of the power transistors. There are a lot of diodes in that stage and it only takes one to fail to cause this. It could be a driver transistor also.

Since you have done a move, mechanical damage to a circuit board or component is certainly a possibility.

Anyhow, unless you are an experienced service tech with a good range of service equipment you will not fix this.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis