Demon avr 4806 keeps losing settings

C

Ccdave

Audiophyte
Hi fellow audio gents

I'm having issues with my Denon 4806. The tone defeat keeps turning on and my manual eq setting goes to off every time I .......... 1. Turn the unit on, change presets to watch a DVD then go back to listen to a cd.

I don't recall having to manually reset these settings before. It's becoming exhausting!
Any suggestions would be much appreciated

Thanks

Dk

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Hi fellow audio gents

I'm having issues with my Denon 4806. The tone defete keeps turning on and my manual eq setting goes to off every time I .......... 1. Turn the unit on, change presets to watch a DVD then go back to listen to a cd.

I don't recall having to manually reset these settings before. It's becoming exhausting!
Any suggestions would be much appreciated

Thanks

Dk
Is it only the tone defeat and EQ, or is it also losing speaker configuration and everything else? If it's losing more than just EQ and defeat, connect it to the network so you can access it with your computer if you haven't, already. You'll want to go into the Setup Menu and turn on Network Standby and find the receiver's IP address, too. Once you know the address, enter that in your computer's browser and go into Option, so you can enter the Maintenance section. In there, you should see the Save Configuration button. Do that and save it to your desktop and then, reset the microprocessor (instructions for this are in the manual). That usually solves problems with settings and configuration. Once the microprocessor has been reset, you can go back into Maintenance- below Save is a button called 'Load'. You'll click on that and when it asks for you to find the file, you'll use the one saved previously.

You won't be able to open that file to see any info- it's not a Windows or iOS file that can be viewed.

C

Ccdave

Audiophyte
Is it only the tone defeat and EQ, or is it also losing speaker configuration and everything else? If it's losing more than just EQ and defeat, connect it to the network so you can access it with your computer if you haven't, already. You'll want to go into the Setup Menu and turn on Network Standby and find the receiver's IP address, too. Once you know the address, enter that in your computer's browser and go into Option, so you can enter the Maintenance section. In there, you should see the Save Configuration button. Do that and save it to your desktop and then, reset the microprocessor (instructions for this are in the manual). That usually solves problems with settings and configuration. Once the microprocessor has been reset, you can go back into Maintenance- below Save is a button called 'Load'. You'll click on that and when it asks for you to find the file, you'll use the one saved previously.

You won't be able to open that file to see any info- it's not a Windows or iOS file that can be viewed.
Thanks for the reply.

It's just the eq and the tone defete settings that change

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Thanks for the reply.

It's just the eq and the tone defete settings that change
Is this only when changing from one source to another? Each source can have different settings, including tone controls, EQ, input settings, etc.

C

Ccdave

Audiophyte
Yes,

If I just listen to cd's, the settings don't change however if switch to the DVR setting and watch a dvd then go back to listen to a cd, the tone defete turns on and the manual eq shuts off

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
With each Input, have the EQ the way you want. Then use the Quick Select buttons to save your 3 favorite Inputs. Then use the Quick Select button to select your 3 inputs.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis