Deftech Powerfield 1500

M

murl

Full Audioholic
Do any of you guys have this sub? If so what is your opinion? Will it compete with the supercubes? I am looking at one that is an old floor model that has just been sitting in a box forever. I don't really have a chance to demo it. I have a fairly small room right now, but how large of a room would it accommodate in the future?

Any info is greatly appreciated.

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
I found this oniline. It seems decent, but at 250 watts RMS, I can't imagine it being capable of prodigious output.

M

murl

Full Audioholic
What would be the best sub I could buy, I will probably buy one used, less than $600? I would really like to stay with Definitive because I would like the end caps to match, keep the wife happier :cool:

Unless I can get alot more bang for the buck of course, then I'll just put it behind the couch.......

AVRat

AVRat

Audioholic Ninja
I think those in the know would prefer an HSU VTF2-MK3 for the money.

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
What would be the best sub I could buy, I will probably buy one used, less than $600? I would really like to stay with Definitive because I would like the end caps to match, keep the wife happier :cool:

Unless I can get alot more bang for the buck of course, then I'll just put it behind the couch.......
Dont get the sub just for waf, there are others that you have options with that should get plenty of waf.

M

murl

Full Audioholic
I think those in the know would prefer an HSU VTF2-MK3 for the money.
Could you point me to some good info on this sub? I found their site but would like to read some reviews.

Also what do you think about the supercube III? There is one for sale near me for $350.

M

murl

Full Audioholic
I have also looked at the velodyne cht-12 I think it is, correct me if I'm wrong. What about this one?

The reason I was going to stay with deftech was I have two bp-10s and a clr 2000, my wife really likes the gloss black end caps.

Back to the supercube III, it only has a 7.5" driver with two base radiators, would it really do all that much? I have never heard them. Would you get much localization with this sub?

AVRat

AVRat

Audioholic Ninja
I wouldn't recommend anything less than the DT SC I. What are the dimensions of your room?

At that price point you're better of with an HSU STF-2. Add a nice tablecloth, heavy potted plant, and voila'!

D

DaveHo

Audioholic
I used to own a PF-1500. It's a dog compared to today's ID options. I'd look elsewhere especially at the ridiculous price of $490. I sold mine 5 years ago in mint condition for $400.

-Dave

Last edited:
Midcow2

Midcow2

Banned
Svs

Within budget: PD12-NSD $599 (+shipping)
https://svsound.com/products-sub-box-pb12nsd.cfm

Buy the SVS SB12-Plus $699 ( oldy a littel over your limit :rolleyes:) http://www.svsound.com/products-sub-box-sb12plus.cfm

This one is over your limit but a great B-stock price $899 PC12-Plus

https://svsound.com/store/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=141&CFID=347930&CFTOKEN=38041586

SVS goes very well with Def Tech ;) :cool:

Good Luck,

MidCow2

Midcow2

Midcow2

Banned
Svs

Within budget: PD12-NSD $599 (+shipping)
https://svsound.com/products-sub-box-pb12nsd.cfm

Buy the SVS SB12-Plus $699 ( only a little over your limit :rolleyes:) http://www.svsound.com/products-sub-box-sb12plus.cfm

This one is over your limit but a great B-stock price $899 PC12-Plus

https://svsound.com/store/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=141&CFID=347930&CFTOKEN=38041586

SVS goes very well with Def Tech ;) :cool:

Good Luck,

MidCow2

AVRat

AVRat

Audioholic Ninja
Is there an echo in here? Gotta get some acoustic treatments! :p:rolleyes: LOL

tbergman

tbergman

Full Audioholic
Bringing back a dead thread I know, but was wondering if anyone had anything to say about this sub besides recommending others. I'm looking at one for $200, otherwise considering Dayton 12", so you see my price range. Though I'd search and see what I came up with before posting a new thread so we'll see how this works.

D

DaveHo

Audioholic
I'll chime in again. It is a fairly musical sub, but DefTechs published specs on it are pure BS. Extention is to the mid 20's at best, & you'll never rival the output capbility of some of the SVSs mentioned. For $200, I'd say you can't go wrong. I don't have any experience with the Dayton, but I feel pretty confident saying the DefTech would be a step up.

-Dave

M

MatthewB.

Audioholic General
I agree my DefTech SCI's built into my BP7001sc, come nowhere close to power and deep bass of my SVS. Even though the combined amp power of the pair of 7001sc is 3,000 watts, my simple SVS with 625 watt Bash amp trounces the DefTech. Also DT claims the subs can get down to 18Hz (maybe when pigs fly) it drops fast after 30Hz, meanwhile my SVS is clean and constant well past 20Hz. For the money I would also recommend either Hsu or SVS (entry levels for under 600) I feel you would be throwing away your money and always wonder "what if" by buying lesser subs.

tbergman

tbergman

Full Audioholic
For the money I would also recommend either Hsu or SVS (entry levels for under 600) I feel you would be throwing away your money and always wonder "what if" by buying lesser subs.
Well, I've got a ways to go before I can afford to get an entry level SVs, so I may just wait and roll the sub I have now. Even $400 for a bottom line SVS is near double what I would spend on this DT.

M

MatthewB.

Audioholic General
We're talking upgrades here, you got plasma to sell? ;)

Seriously I would save for tiny bit longer then buy the SVS, otherwise you'll spend the 200.00 then in a few months get upgraditis and then spend the 450.00 on the entry level sub because you'll always wonder.

But for 250.00 the 1500 isnt a bad deal considering what else is out there for 200.00

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis