Definitive Technology W7 Wireless Speaker Overview

H

HTKamikazee

Audioholics Sheriff
Wireless, wireless, wireless. That seems to be the dominating force in almost every electronic device these days. We've got Wi-fi, we've got Bluetooth, we've got NFC, we've got wireless charging and the list goes on and on. Those who are close to me know of my eternal attraction to wireless and portable speakers. A couple of days ago, I received an email from one of Def Tech's representatives to let me know of several new products. One of those products is the new W7 Wireless Speaker.
PicsArt_1426947625493.jpg

The W7 features DTS Play-Fi technology, and what they call "Tri-Polar" configuration which radiates sound off of surrounding walls. Just stream your favorite music services like Pandora, , internet radio or personal music library from your smartphone, tablet or computer and you're set to go.

There is also a free Definitive Technology App that you can download which allows you to mix and match speakers with the open PlayFi™ Technology and provides extended functionality, including product firmware updates, source selection (if applicable) and EQ settings for the W Amp. Check out the following specifications.

Controls are simple and easy to use. Check out the pic below!
PicsArt_1426947699019.jpg

Wondering about the speakers? Take a look at the following diagram!
Capture.png

As for connectivity, the following picture will explain much better than words.
W7_Studio_6-24-2014_029_800.jpg

While it looks really good aesthetically, we'll have to wait to hear it in action in order to get the full scope. Be sure to check the following specifications out and share your impressions!

SPECIFICATIONS:
PicsArt_1426882615040.jpg

Price: $399.00

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis